Seabourn Venture

Mauzac

Hi all

We are just deliberating on a Venture cruise January 2022 and I just wondered if anyone had heard the latest on progress to completion for the ship?

I've done a search on here and can see it was delayed, I wondered if anyone knew whether it is now on track.  We are just loathe to pay a big deposit and it not happen.

Thanks in advance 🙂

This is the sort of question only Seabourn itself can answer, so call them and ask about refunds, cancellations etc.  These 'northern lights' cruises are the Venture's inaugural voyages and might be flawed because of various issues associated with untried ships.  Barely two hours of daylight every day for a week at £2000 per day . . personally, I would find that a challenge.  

Edited by Fletcher

Update:

It is not 100% certain that Venture will be completed for this cruise my TA hinted at, so we have gone for Central America and Panama Canal instead.  

Fingers crossed for that one!

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 6:36 AM, vaitape said:

Mauzac, thank you for your post.

Did your TA tell you

when Seabourn might inform us as to the situation re probability of cruise actually happening?

@vaitape

I don't think they really wanted to say.  We were keen on booking that particular cruise as felt it might be easier for us being just a hop, skip and a jump from UK to Copenhagen, given the pandemic.

I asked about the progress of the Venture, knowing it had been delayed, I pushed them a lot, basically saying I can't go through yet another cancelled cruise and all that entails, and they said it was probably not sensible to book this cruise at this stage, because the completion date of the ship was not definite.

Of course, if we'd gone ahead, we would get our money back, but like others, I've been waiting for refunds and moving holidays continually and I'm a bit fed up with doing that.  So we decided against it. 

• Thanks 1