If I wanted a small quite room reserved for 30 minutes on a sea day, how would I go about getting it?

Not for commercial use, but I want to host a small gathering for friends and family.  Dont really want to pay for it, but I do need to have it set in stone (location, time).  Maybe 15-20 minutes.  Sea Day, 11 am or so.  Is there anyone at Carnival I could get an unused lounge or something reserved before we set sail?  I guess last resort waiting til on board and talking to purser or somebody.  Thoughts?

When we were on a family cruise, Carnival let us use a small conference room for a family gathering for a Celebration of Life for my sister-in-law who passed away a few weeks before the cruise. It was on Inspiration, and was a small room near the arcade. 

On another family cruise, we wanted to do a gift exchange, and ended up gathering in the piano bar one early afternoon. It was pretty much deserted, and we just went in and did our thing. 

• Like 3

Start with calling and talking to a planner, this is common stuff.

(If working with a travel agent, throw it on them to work out)

You could ask once on-board, but that seems too late to me. Need to get with guest services on that ship and/or hotel management as a place to start and be directed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Maybe. Each time I went into the empty library, it was unlocked.

Ha- that’s because when you tried and failed it was locked! So in that case you weren’t “in” it!

jk- I think is usually unlocked for a majority of the day. They lock it when it usually just drunks awake.