The PRIDE just docked in Puerta Vallarta

glrounds

Just off the PRIDE in PV.

Great cruise so far. Miss my fix on CC. Prices for internet access on the ship are only for the very naive. icon_eek.gif Internet cafe has 10 puters and all 3 times I was in there only 1-3 people using them. icon_frown.gif Pay attention Carnival. Just good business: halve the price, triple the users, increase the revenue by 50%!! icon_confused.gif

Upgrade gods shined on me big time. Booked a last minute 1A guarantee 5 days before the cruise. Was bumped up to an Oceanview (obstruction) on Deck 4 !! Beautiful cabin, superb cabin steward, PAMBUDI. Very personable and ALWAYS present to take care of anything. Cabin 4114 is terrific, oodles of storage for one person, of course.

You West Coasters (and other cruisers too) take heed. This ship is the baby. Easy to navigate the different decks. Plenty of deck space and lounge chairs all over the place. Off the charts disco, Beauties, is the place to be (closed this "sin haven" icon_biggrin.gif last 3 nights). I'm too old for this crap !! icon_rolleyes.gif Tues night is a 70's and 80's theme night so got scads of "old fashioned rock 'n' roll" (love that song).

Dining is definitely up to Carnival's typical (in my opinion) elevated level. The fish last night was even better than the lobster tails the night before. Had double orders both times.

Have a Holland America pax at our table. Ranks this ship "above" her old haunts. She may be 68 years old, but definitely not ready for the "Wobbly Palace". She constantly comments on how much FUN this ship is and how her HAL days are over.

Another tablemate, 40, single, spitting image of John, Jr. making a killing after only 3 nights out ! icon_biggrin.gif (I just watch and take notes) icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Showtime in the Taj Mahal was great. Dancers are fabulous (danced with one in the disco later icon_wink.gif. R-rated midnite show was OFF THE WALL. The man is "certifiable" ! ! Love to watch the "blue-hairs" file out after a few opening comments. ROFLMAOPIMP. I was laughing so hard I thought I was going to run out of tears.... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Ironically, the same cruise director as I had on my last 2 cruises (ELATION & GLORY). Greg Kneale. Funny, but unfortunately for my situation very predictable (identical presentation as the 2 previous times). icon_frown.gif

I'll be checking in when porting in Mazatlan and Cabo. So will gladly answer any questions. I dont' do EXCURSIONS, however.

Feel sorry for that SENSATION group. Stuck with that short cruise and all.... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Live well, love much, laugh often.

Gary icon_cool.gif

Dolphins.gif

Hey Gary! Thanks for the update from PV. 25 days to go and I too will be on the Pride. How is the weather? Hopefully, it's nice and warm. We have a wraparound balcony that we sure want to make good use of. Are their any tables for two in the dining room? If so, we may see if we can get one.

Have a wonderful stay in PV. Already looking forward to your check in from Mazatlan.

Kathy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

05/30/04 Carnival Pride cruise & the wraparound balcony

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

06/28/04 Ecstasy-

Mom's 80th birthday surprise!!

Ecstasy 09/13/02

Ecstasy 05/26/03

hey glrounds

I was just on the pride last week, did you do the pub crawl, had an absolute blast on it. Once ou sail on The Pride it spoils you have fun check in agin

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;04;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

TILL THE PRIDE 04-25-04 PARTY CRUISE

ECSTASY 1998

Now you know what all of us have been saying about those great Spirit class ships. I really liked the Pride. Great ship indeed.

Gordon

http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisingator

NCL Starward-86, Starship Atlantic-91, Caribe-92, Seabreeze-93, Fantasy-93, Norway-94, Celebration-94, Sensation-95, Imagination-96, Destiny-97, Celebration-98, Triumph-99, Victory-00, Majesty of the Seas-01, Fascination-01, Carnival Pride-02, Majesty of the Seas-02, Carnival Legend-02, Fantasy 7-03, Glory 9-03, Fantasy 11-03, Triumph 3/04.

9/02/2004 Fantasy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2004;9;2;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Navigator of the Seas 12/04/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;12;04;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kajsb:

Hey Gary! Thanks for the update from PV. 25 days to go and I too will be on the Pride. How is the weather? Hopefully, it's nice and warm. We have a wraparound balcony that we sure want to make good use of. Are their any tables for two in the dining room? If so, we may see if we can get one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kathy,

I didn't see any tables for two, although at David's(the PRIDE'S alternative 5 star dining venue) there were many tables for two. I'll check to be sure tonight.

The weather in PV is hot, hot, hot. 92 degrees today and when the humidity factor is thrown in I think its around a 98-degree comfortability factor ! Since my original post I did walk down along the beach. I always cross the Rio Cuale and walk along the condos and hotels in what is for the most part the part of PV that Mexican families use for their vacation. Many little restaurants and in the shade with the onshore flow (that's California talk for "breeze" icon_smile.gif) coming off the ocean it was very comfortable this late morning. I didn't feel like eating a $10-12 meal so I just had a humongous guacomole and chips order with a coca which was 37 pesos (about $3.40 American). Huge "bowl" of guacamole and delicious freshly made chips !

I was so comfortable after eating I even snoozed awhile in the lounge chairs right on the beach. To get there walk past about 7 restaurants to FIDENCIAS (kind of the equivalent of a little Taco Bell). Very good.

Incidentally, the best Internet cafe for my money is also south of the Rio Cuale just west across the street from the grade school (escuela) on the corner. 30 minutes for 30 pesos ($2.70) and in the morning this includes a cup of coffee and a croissant ! ! ! icon_wink.gif The name is Internetc@fe.com. Every time I come to PV I talk to the owner who always remembers me. Great people. Many ex-patriot American (and Canadians) buy a volume rate to do all their communications here. Something like a Billion minutes for $10....(just kidding). icon_rolleyes.gif

AND THE WHOLE THING IS AIR CONDITIONED ! ! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Gary icon_cool.gif

Dolphins.gif

Okay, I thought I was excited before! Now I don't know how I'll sleep until Sunday!

Thanks for taking the time to check in.

Yolanda

Carnival Pride to the Mexican Riviera

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;05;09;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

15_4_109.gif

Originally posted by SIEBELS:

hey glrounds

I was just on the pride last week, did you do the pub crawl, had an absolute blast on it. Once ou sail on The Pride it spoils you have fun check in agin.

No, Siebel, I didn't do the Pub Crawl. Didn't know about it until those "crawlers" came into the Disco to polish off the night. Played musical chairs with the men as chairs. Very funny. Incidentally, for the uninitiated, the PUB CRAWL is a Carnival activity in which everyone goes from bar to bar on the PRIDE (and there are many) and end up at BEAUTIES disco. To some of the participants, the "crawl" part of PUB CRAWL is quite appropriate. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Its always good to see someone from Iowa enjoying cruising, Siebels. I grew up in Iowa. Way up in the Northeast corner, MONONA (1,360 terrific people) icon_rolleyes.gif

Gary icon_cool.gif

Dolphins.gif

I can tell you that there are a good number of tables for two on the upper level of the dining room. They overlook the lower level. There are also some scattered about the rest of the dining room.

Gordon

http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisingator

NCL Starward-86, Starship Atlantic-91, Caribe-92, Seabreeze-93, Fantasy-93, Norway-94, Celebration-94, Sensation-95, Imagination-96, Destiny-97, Celebration-98, Triumph-99, Victory-00, Majesty of the Seas-01, Fascination-01, Carnival Pride-02, Majesty of the Seas-02, Carnival Legend-02, Fantasy 7-03, Glory 9-03, Fantasy 11-03, Triumph 3/04.

9/02/2004 Fantasy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2004;9;2;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Navigator of the Seas 12/04/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;12;04;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jim4yoli:

Okay, I thought I was excited before! Now I don't know how I'll sleep until Sunday!

Thanks for taking the time to check in.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yolanda,

The 40, single, John, Jr. look alike I mentioned in my original post, is from Sacramento! Yikes....small world. icon_eek.gif

Two other tablemates (Mother and Daughter) are from the high desert where most of my work is. They both are getting a divorce (I think at this point, however, they have neglected to tell their husbands) icon_biggrin.gif That disco is the dangdest thing ! ! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Gary icon_cool.gif

Dolphins.gif

Hi Gary, You are truly living well right now. The cruise is the only way to go. Thanks again for the update. I'm traveling with a friend who is a young, but old fa.. LOL He prefers to sit in uncrowded areas. When given no choice, he adapts, but I did tell him I would check. I'm glad to hear the weather is hot. I love the heat and the sun. If it stays sunny (I'm sure it will)we will really get a lot of use out of our wrap around balcony.

Kathy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

06/28/04 Ecstasy-

Ecstasy 09/13/02

Ecstasy 05/26/03

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bethee:

Is the Pub crawl advertised? Being a person of the older generation and not a prude will we be so offended that we will have to leave the midnight show?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure the PUB CRAWL is mentioned in the CAPERS Carnival's daily newspaper slid under your door each night. I also think the "get acquainted" show (first show) mentions it.

The r-rated comedy is just that...I don't know if you'd be offended (I really only saw 2 people walk out) icon_smile.gif I don't know how to describe it, Bethee, without getting permanently banned from Cruise critic. icon_wink.gif

Does George Carlin ring a bell? If it does, expect more of the same. Hilarious though.

Gary icon_cool.gif

Dolphins.gif

Gordon, Thanks for letting me know about the tables for 2. I will definitely check in with the maitre'd when we first board the Pride.

Kathy

06/28/04 Ecstasy-

Ecstasy 09/13/02

Ecstasy 05/26/03

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by glrounds:

Yolanda,

The 40, single, John, Jr. look alike I mentioned in my original post, is from Sacramento! Yikes....small world. icon_eek.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gary, it is indeed a small world, we met someone from Sacramento when we were in Ireland of all places.

As for the John, Jr. look alike, I'm sure I've never run into him or I'd remember! But then again, I usually can't take my eyes off my husband.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise, I'll be getting on just as you are disembarking.

Yolanda

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;05;09;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

15_4_109.gif

Now posting from Mazatlan

Can verify the accuracy of Gordons post. There are tables for two. Im located on the lower level in the very center of the dining room so dont see them from my vantage point. Sorry, but this puter doesnt allow any punctuation like in dont or doesnt. Am in downtown Mazatlan where puter internet usage is very cheap $2.30 for 30 minutes ! icon_smile.gif

Went to large bank this morning to get $100 bill exchanged. Made me go to a photocopy shop and get a copy of my California Drivers License ??? icon_confused.gif Never mind I had the actual Drivers License, they insisted on a photo copy. Real nice people at the copy shop said its probably part of the drug interdiction policies of the govt now. Getting real hard to move cash from one place to another I guess.

Last night was uneventful. Crashed right after late dinner. Carlos OBriens was just too much for me. Four hours of Carnival cruisers carrying on like that will take anybody out. icon_rolleyes.gif Missed the shows, if there were any, and BEAUTIES too!! BUMMER ! ! icon_frown.gif

I did get some great shots of the CArnival "flashers" in Carlos OBriens. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I did however wake up early enough to watch us port this morning. Quite a sight, tricky manuevering.

Will try to post from Cabo tomorrow.

Gary icon_cool.gif

Dolphins.gif

Did you take advantage of the early check-in at the Queen Mary? I see that you are from Santa Clarita, I graduated from Hart High in 78 when the town was Newhall. Do you know of anyone that stayed at the Coast Long Beach hotel?

The hotel is next to Queen Mary according to the AAA and they offer a park and cruise package.

Pride 6th June

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Do you know of anyone that stayed at the Coast Long Beach hotel?

The hotel is next to Queen Mary according to the AAA and they offer a park and cruise package.

Pride 6th June<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boom op,

We are on the May 9th sailing of the Pride and are spending Saturday night at the Coast Long Beach. I can let you know how it goes when we get back.

Yolanda

15_4_109.gif

Thanks Gordon for confirming that there are tables for two. I check when we first board the ship to see if we can change. I like the larger groups but sometimes a compromise makes for a much more enjoyable trip for all. I got my way and planned the rest of the trip, so I guess I can give in. LOL

Kathy

06/28/04 Ecstasy-

Ecstasy 09/13/02

Ecstasy 05/26/03

Well, I had a great post here about the Queen Mary but realized Boom Op was asking about the Coast Long Beach...sigh. Pays to read carefully.

In the immortal words of Roseanna Roseannadanna, "Nevermind..." icon_smile.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;09;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

5/9/04 Pride Cruise - 1st Cruise!

Visit our Webshots Gallery

Gary,

Have you found the log book in the library? If so, was it easy to find?

Kathy

06/28/04 Ecstasy-

Ecstasy 09/13/02

Ecstasy 05/26/03

boom op,

We too are on the 6/6 cruising. I will be pricelining tomorrow for hotel for 2 days prior to cruise and we booked the Queen Mary Sunday night. Less than 30 days. Can you believe it?

Cass

Disney Wonder 5/2001

Carnival Elation 2/2002

Carnival Ecstasy 6/2002

Voyager of the Seas 5/2003

Carnival Pride 6/04

Hi newcruiseaddict, We just sailed the Pride on 4/18 and did just what you are doing. We spent 2 days in LA prior and Sunday on the QM. If you walk a little to your right when you come off the QM there is a dock where you can take a water taxi over to Parkers Light House and the waterfront shops. Just ask someone at the bellman station. We didn't know about it and ended up taking 2 busses to get there. The taxi is only $1 per ride per person. We took it back after someone at Parkers telling us about it. Also the ghost tour on the QM ends at 6 on Sunday. We didn't know and we missed it because we got back after 6PM. They were too busy to check us into our room when we arrived at 11:30 am so they let us check our bags and we just went off on our own. A man who was leaving told us about the red bus out front that is free and takes you downtown. You have to go to the observation Deck Lounge too. It is so beautiful with all the windows and decor. They really knew how to live in those days. They have a happy hour in the afternoon and music, but we missed it again because we got back to late. We did walk in with our shorts on but felt out of place and by the time we were cleaned up it was over. After dinner we went there for drinks and the view of the bridge is not to be missed. Also if you get up early enough and go out on deck you will see a great sunrise! Wish I was going again! Have a wonderful time. If you want to know anything else just ask.

KKCruisers

Pride 4/18

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;04;18;9;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NewCruiseAddict:

boom op,

We too are on the 6/6 cruising. I will be pricelining tomorrow for hotel for 2 days prior to cruise and we booked the Queen Mary Sunday night. Less than 30 days. Can you believe it?

Cass

Disney Wonder 5/2001

Carnival Elation 2/2002

Carnival Ecstasy 6/2002

Voyager of the Seas 5/2003

Carnival Pride 6/04<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much was the Queen Mary?

Gary,

I can't wait to tell my fellow travelers about the "Pub Crawl"!. Most are over the age of 45, but ALL of them are capable of crawling and going to Beauties. We were on the Spirit a couple years ago and used the poles in the disco to pole dance! Yes..Pole Dance.. I guess we were "pub crawling" before it was called pub crawling. We lived in Santa Clarita for 20 years, and moved south 7 years ago. Nice to know other So. Californians enjoy the 7 day cruise too! Counting the days to our Oct. 31st sailing. Have fun...and enjoy Cabo!

Cruising with Family and Friends !

Sitmar Fairsky 10-81

Tropical 5-84

Tropical 4-85

RCCL Majesty of the Seas 6-96

Holiday 5-98

Elation 2-99

Viking Serenade...4-00

Holiday 1-1-01

Carnival Spirit Inaguaral..April 29, 2001

Carnival Pride 10/31/2004

Archived