MagicJack App

mollygirl

3 minutes ago, mollygirl said:

Have you used WhatsApp on a cruise?  Would it work with Carnival’s Value Plan?  

Yes, we use WhatsApp when we travel anywhere outside of the US (except Mexico) to keep in touch with our kids. On a cruise we get the basic plan as well. 

S/N, I didn't know Magic Jack still was around either. I know they had the infomercial constantly on TV back in the 90's. IIRC they were to provide people with phone service. We haven't had a landline phone in 20 years. No need for them anymore. 

6 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

Yes, we use WhatsApp when we travel anywhere outside of the US (except Mexico) to keep in touch with our kids. On a cruise we get the basic plan as well. 

S/N, I didn't know Magic Jack still was around either. I know they had the infomercial constantly on TV back in the 90's. IIRC they were to provide people with phone service. We haven't had a landline phone in 20 years. No need for them anymore. 

Good info - thanks! Can’t wait to cruise again! I’ll be cruising with a friend with hubby home pet sitting.  Needed to find a good way to stay in touch with him!  Do you happen to know if FaceTime works well on Carnival? 

2 minutes ago, mollygirl said:

Good info - thanks! Can’t wait to cruise again! I’ll be cruising with a friend with hubby home pet sitting.  Needed to find a good way to stay in touch with him!  Do you happen to know if FaceTime works well on Carnival? 

We're Android people, not Apple people, so I can't answer that, sorry. 

I do believe my wife has done a Facebook video call before, but not certain. 

51 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

We're Android people, not Apple people, so I can't answer that, sorry. 

I do believe my wife has done a Facebook video call before, but not certain. 

Ok - one more question.  Can I keep my phone on Airplane mode while on the ship and still make calls with WhatsApp? 🤔

8 minutes ago, mollygirl said:

Ok - one more question.  Can I keep my phone on Airplane mode while on the ship and still make calls with WhatsApp? 🤔

Yes. Once you board the ship, turn your phone on Airplane Mode, then turn your Wifi back on. You'll need your Wifi on if you purchase an Internet plan, and you'll also want to keep it on for The Hub app.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mollygirl said:

You keep you phone in airplane mode and turn on your wifi so you pick up the ship's wifi. I leave my phone normal when boarding and in the embarkation port and go into airplane mode during sail away.

Edited by Computer Nerd
  • Like 1