PCR and Antigen testing in Fort Lauderdale - specifically for Canadian or "foreign" cruisers

Josie201

Not another testing thread! HaHa

I know there are many, but this one is specifically directed at looking for assistance for those of us who are "foreign" and therefore don't have state issued ID, or medicare or medicaid or other US types of insurance in the Fort Lauderdale area.

We will be spending five days pre-cruise in Fort Lauderdale.  We will be tested in Canada prior to our flight for entering the US, but then (as current rules are written) we will need another test 72 hours prior to boarding the ship.  I've looked at CVS and Urgent Care websites and I think we can use some of these and just pay out of pocket since we are not covered by US government or other insurances.   But its really not clear. 

If there are any Canadians or foreigners who have done or are going to be doing this, it would be helpful to post your actual experiences for those of us who will need to follow suit in the short term.

TIA. 

• Like 1

Look up Fast test now FT Lauderdale. The Pricing option tells you how much you will pay depending on the time line for receiving the test results. We are going to be booking our pre cruise test there as we are doing the same thing as you only in Orlando. it shows a location in Ft. Lauderdale.

Edited by ce_cruise
  • Like 1

And now that all the major cruise lines have added mandatory pre-cruise testing, this question becomes even more relevant.  

I guess anyone flying in from outside the US will be needing a test.  

Think we might need a sticky with locations that will offer pre-cruise testing. 

• 2 months later...

We are flying from europe and need also a COVID test. We are staying two days before the cruise in Miami. Arriving December 10 cruise Fll December 13.

Can we do the emed test from Celebrity? Or can we go to a testcenter. If possible not so expensive. We can go in Fll or Miami. Thank you very Munch.