Well, I guess I'm going to be trying out Virgin!

periodic itinerant

I think my lack of travel over this stretch is making me very susceptible to booking things on a whim. Yesterday, I was just intending to do a little "research" on the VV website after seeing some chatter about the current UK sailings that piqued my interest. The 11-night Transatlantic Portugal to Puerto Rico in November 2022 caught my eye, so I was just going to click through the booking process to see what the actual cost would be. To my surprise and delight, the taxes and fees were negligible and with a couple discounts applied, the total was actually significantly less than what the posted fare was! I'm used to clicking through these mock bookings and having the actual out-of-pocket be at least a couple hundred more than the posted fare. So without much further thought, I booked! I mean, it's coming out to less than $100 per day! 

I'm excited to try their concept, since the dining in particular really appeals to me, as well as adults-only. Tattoos and record shops are totally my bag, but I still find their presence on a cruise ship a little puzzling. 🙂 I couldn't care less about swimming pools, so that major criticism has zero effect for me. I travel quite a bit, but I don't have much cruise experience  - two expedition cruises (Arctic and Antarctic, which I LOVED), one Princess to Alaska (not a great time for a number of reasons), and an upcoming NCL to Bermuda in October (after two cancelled NCL Southern Caribbean). I chose an inside solo cabin, so not a luxurious space, but I don't plan to spend too much time there. I'm hoping I can convince a friend or two to join me, but I enjoy travelling solo too. 

So now to get to reading virtually every post in this forum so I can learn all the minute details you all have been discussing since the beginning. I'm excited to read about how these first voyages go! 

Nice one Periodic, I hope you enjoy x.

I have 2 weeks to go until my 4 night cruise to nowhere on Scarlet Lady, I have booked my restaurants and shows, bags all ready to be packed and so excited you will not believe. I have not been away for 18 months. I usually cruise or go away 5 or 6 times a year. My house walls are closing in.

I am so totally outside the age demographic for this ship but I love cruising and it was a chance not to be missed. I think a lot of ‘slightly ‘ older ones like me have also booked, let’s face it these are not normal times. 
I love the sound of the restaurants I have booked and will write a review as soon as I have tried them.

once again, well done and have a great time xx

• Like 2

Yeah, that's a great price!  On a TA in November an inside or Seaview cabin is just fine as it will be too cold for a balcony most days.  Now if you can manage to keep that bar tab under control..... 😁