ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS - Early departure from ship for 11:00AM flight from Nassau

Good morning, just wondering if anyone has any insight on early departure from Adventure in Nassau.  I know in the past it wasn't a problem.  Diamond Plus members and need to be at Nassau airport by 9:00AM as American moved us to an 11:05AM flight from Nassau to Miami.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

You will be fine. When I was there in June, the screening line got backed up but that's because they didn't open security until 8 am. The line itself moved very quickly once opened. I made sure I was in the first group off the ship, I think my flight was 10:45 or so. In hindsight, I got there too early because all the early people just stood there not moving. I'd shoot to be in your ground transportation at 8am. If you are taking a cab, I saw those were a short walk from the ship with a lot of availability. Most people took the minibus from the ship.

• Like 1

I have done Adventure twice in the last month. In June they didn't open security until 8 and it backed up. Last weekend security & US Customs were open when I walked to the gate at 7:45 am. When you scan the QR Code for departure time requested I picked 6:30 AM and received #1 luggage tags. Walked off the ship and on the bus and was at the airport by 7:10 am. 

Edited by outtoseacruise
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mike60707 said:

Good morning, just wondering if anyone has any insight on early departure from Adventure in Nassau.  I know in the past it wasn't a problem.  Diamond Plus members and need to be at Nassau airport by 9:00AM as American moved us to an 11:05AM flight from Nassau to Miami.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Earliest RCCL transfer to the airport start at 6:30. Using the RCCL transfer is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. They pick you up at the gangway and drop you at the airport via minibus. You leave your bags in the hall the night before disembarkation and pick them up at the airport (there is no place on the minibuses for self carry luggage)

Here's our timeline on our Adventure cruise (for our noon flight)

7:55 Leave Stateroom

8:02 off ship and on bus to airport 

8:25 Arrive NAS

9:02 Check-in and bag drop complete (using American Airlines Priority Check-in)

9:17 Through security 

9:22 Through US Immigrations and Customs and in terminal. The Bird used the Global Entry Kiosk. Add 10 minutes for the customs line. 

So,,, it was about 90 from stateroom to airport terminal using two priority short cuts. I would allow 2 to 2.5 hours for the entire process. 

image.thumb.png.c7ab2e6eb5a23a277bcb9c2e0daef844.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1