RCCL Canceled Trans Atlantic Cruises

Gen X Life

Rcl canceled a lot more than transatlantic sailings. Today was their 2Q21 release. Needless to say they fell short. Rcl changed their timeline from “all ships sailing by end of 2021” to “all ships sailing by spring of 2022”

Ncl cancelled Hawaii sailings Into January of 2022 today at also. I expect more cancellations on the horizon.

This announcement is long-awaited — and we couldn't be more thrilled. Please note, however, as we prepare for our return to sailing, it was necessary to make a few sailing cancelations to accommodate these restarts. The below are regrettably canceled: 

• Anthem of the Seas® departing Southampton: October 20, 2021 
  • Brilliance of the Seas® departing Tampa: September 4-October 11, 2021; December 11, 2021; March 28-April 25, 2022
  • Enchantment of the Seas® departing Baltimore: September 4- December 11, 2021 
  • Explorer of the Seas® departing San Juan: October 31, 2021 
  • Harmony of the Seas® departing Barcelona: October 31, 2021 
  • Liberty of the Seas® departing Galveston: September 26, 2021 
  • Ovation of the Seas® departing Sydney: October 27, 2021- April 10, 2022
  • Radiance of the Seas® departing Miami: October 15, 2021- April 10, 2022
  • Rhapsody of the Seas® departing Tampa: February 26- April 16, 2022
  • Serenade of the Seas® departing Sydney: October 24, 2021- February 27, 2022
  • Vision of the Seas® departing San Juan/ Fort Lauderdale: September 5, 2021- January 14, 2022
  • Like 2

I do not think ANY cruise line will do a Trans Atlantic or Pacific because those trips are longer and away from land.  In case of covid coming from one continent to another.  So watch for HAL and Princess etc... to do the same.

thought things would be calmer in Aug of 2021 but I guess not

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I do not think ANY cruise line will do a Trans Atlantic or Pacific because those trips are longer and away from land.  In case of covid coming from one continent to another.  So watch for HAL and Princess etc... to do the same.

Noooooooo!

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

AAAHHHH!!!  We are booked on Regent for a TA in November!  I sure hope it goes!!!!

NCL did cancel the Star.  There's still Getaway and Epic which I'm booked on.  Have been looking forward to that.   Really hope it still goes.

But if they cancel the TransAtlantic, what about the Med cruises before, if canceling all these, that'll be a big hit on NCL.

18 minutes ago, Middleager said:

NCL did cancel the Star.  There's still Getaway and Epic which I'm booked on.  Have been looking forward to that.   Really hope it still goes.

But if they cancel the TransAtlantic, what about the Med cruises before, if canceling all these, that'll be a big hit on NCL.

I did not see the Star Cancelations BUT Brazil and South America are out of control; with Covid, so I am not surprised.  

Thanks for the update.

My original TA was cancelled , so we were going to book on Epic but could not re-align work schedules AGAIN....  So we THOUGHT about Getaway  BUT decided to wait to see how things progressed once sailings started... DOES NOT LOOK GOOD. But will hold out hope for you!! 😃

I agree with above poster..  I do not think any ships will do TA in 2021.  Delta Variant is a big issue.

Best of luck, Stay well

• Like 1

Simply put, anything with a planned destination of Australia is doomed. I don't see those voyages going off this winter (their summer). I suspect anything going that way will be off until fall 2022. Today, NCL cancelled the Pride of America into 2022. I don't know the reason for that because Hawaii is open to travel at the moment.

We have two Transatlantics booked with NCL in the Fall of 2022, and another booked with Regent in April 2023.  If things are still up in the air with Covid then, the cruise industry has severe problems.  

As to our Caribbean cruise with Regent in January 2022, I just have no idea at this point . . . 

Edited by ysolde

For NCL TA cruises, the sea days are 4-5 days.   Even if some cases pop up, they should be able to quarantine these people, unless it's a major outbreak.  But the chance of major outbreak should be very small giving 100% crews and passengers should be vaccinated.  

That is different than RCCL allowing people who are not vaccinated onboard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Middleager said:

For NCL TA cruises, the sea days are 4-5 days.   Even if some cases pop up, they should be able to quarantine these people, unless it's a major outbreak.  But the chance of major outbreak should be very small giving 100% crews and passengers should be vaccinated.  

That is different than RCCL allowing people who are not vaccinated onboard.

NCL said they would be doing 100% vaccinated until the end of October. So it might be a bit different after October 31st. I'll be curious to see where they go after that point. I could see them keeping a few ships out there as "Vaccinated only" cruises, and others as 95% or less (or whatever the various health organizations around the world say, thinking of the recent mask mandate required by the EU Health Organization recently).

So many factors to consider with TAs. Ships going from one home port to another. Is ship already there. Ughhh Getaway is in Europe now. I have a TA in April with her. I pray things go smoothly for both the cruise lines sake & ours.