Bringing Drinks Aboard

nickervin

Ok.. touchy subject for the cruise lines.

I have never ever heard of anyone having issues INITIALLY bringing booze on board. I usually bring a case of beer and a bottle of something.. never have i ever been stopped.

However, once you set sail, anything you buy at the ports has to be checked and will be returned to you at the end of the cruise..

hope this helps

I have never ever heard of anyone having issues INITIALLY bringing booze on board. I usually bring a case of beer and a bottle of something.. never have i ever been stopped.

However, once you set sail, anything you buy at the ports has to be checked and will be returned to you at the end of the cruise..

hope this helps

Just to add a note....any liquor you buy onboard the ship is also held and delivered to your cabin the last night by your room steward.

Ok....I hate to admit this and certainly don't want to be flamed but I want to add a tip that worked for us....

When we were in Belize recently we bought some liquor which we intended to check and have delivered to us at the end of the cruise HOWEVER there was one bottle in particular that we wanted to drink during the rest of the week on the cruise....We had a few water bottles in our bag we were carrying in port and we simply emptied those out, opened the bottle of liquor and poured it into the now empy water bottles.....Voila....we had our new liquor in our cabin without a problem....

Have you heard of someone pouring Vodka out of the bottle and water in?

The 'holics have term for this: alcohol abuse. :D

Cheers,

Norman

The water goes out and the vodka goes in only when cruising darlin'!

And cruising without the kiddies along for that matter!!

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!!

Am I allowed to bring liquor on board?

Either coming on board for the first time or boarding after going to Mexico?

If not, could I have some in a canteen or bottle and get away with bringing it on board? ;)

Sure, you can try, if you are 21. But, since you have posted multiple questions about drinking ages and which cruise lines allow 18 y.o.'s to drink, I will make the assumption that you are under the Carnival drinking age.

That said, I know that they will confiscate alcohol from a passenger 21 years or older if they are caught. I might guess they would not allow someone under 21 in this circumstance to embark at all, or even more severe, disembark the offending party AND the individual(s) over 25 that must be with you to book a cruise.

That's just a guess though. You have to ask if the possibility of that happening is worth it;)

I know on RC it's 18, so if it's the same on Carnival you wont have to worry about sneaking anything on. My parents had to sign off on me though last year so that I could buy onboard

On Carnival you must be 21 to drink onboard.

What is the difference between you breaking Carnivals rules during embarkation as to on ports of call?

You sound like a hypocrite to me....you yourself said this about laws and policy...

<<"People, without getting into a huge heated arguement over this.... It is simple: The regulations of Carnival and the LAWS of most ever island say leave the food on the ship. PERIOD...!.. now if you like it, don't like it, have your own special reason that you feel makes you exempt. IT DOESN"T.. Whether you like it or not.. That is the rules, regulations, laws whatever you want to call it.

So if you feel you are above that, fine... We can't stop you. But don't jump on these boards and give 400 word essays on why you feel you are exempt. You aren't..">>

BUT..YOU are bringing a bottle and a case of beer on board KNOWING it is against Carnival rules and regulations.

Tsk Tsk....another hypocrite is exposed !!!:rolleyes:

Are ships getting lax in confiscating the alcohol purchaed at ports? Last week we purchased alcohol in Grand Cayman and the store shipped it to the Miracle (policy they said - fine with me cuz I didn't have to carry it). Alcohol we purchased on ship was delivered last night of cruise. HOWEVER, alcohol we purchased in Belize and Costa Maya we carried back to the ship, sent it through the x-ray machines, not hiding it one bit and they just said have a good day and off to our cabin we went. I wouldn't let my DH open any of it because I didn't want the seal broken and spill in our luggage on our way home, what a mess that would have been!

Archived