Azamara regular tries MSC Yacht club

uktog

7 hours ago, nordski said:

Thanks for that information.

The issue for us is  a somewhat hidden ingredient that may cause a problem. For example is there lactose in that batter?

Discussing this the night before let’s us discover the problem beforehand and adjust our order accordingly. Also, on Azamara, they will sometimes amend the recipe so that, for my wife,  the problem ingredient is removed.

Perhaps even more important, even though we fill out the “special request” form before boarding, that form sometimes leads to a misunderstanding once we board.

The personal contact with the staff prevents many of those issues.

I will also commend Azamara for listing food items at the buffet that, commonly, may cause an allergic reaction.

MSC may well do the same.

MSC doesn't list that on their menus, although I don't know about at the buffet. Funnily enough, they give a lot of calorie and health information on the menu but not the life-saving information.

There are several posts in the MSC forum that talk about how they adapted to accommodate someone's dietary requirements. Mostly positive, although I can't confirm that from personal experience. They also have the YC menus pinned to the top of the forum so you could see for yourself how they are presented. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1