NCL -v- FL Preliminary Injunction Live Video Friday 8/6 @ 10AM Access

2 hours ago, jrapps said:

The judge also sort of admonished FLs lawyer every time he kept mentioning "Vaccine Passports" reminding him that no such thing exists and that was a political distinction in the press, and had no legal bearing on the case. FL's lawyer kept trying to call them passports instead of "documented proof of vaccination"

Thanks for the blow-by-blow on the proceedings jrapps.  Very interesting indeed. 

Just now, harkinmr said:

Thanks for the blow-by-blow on the proceedings jrapps.  Very interesting indeed. 

I was just glad I got to watch it. Very educational. I will profess my ignorance of the law so I hope my commentary wasn't meant to insuate that NCL will prevail. My gut tells me that is the case, but I have no training to claim that I understand any of it.

But is was fun to watch!

• Like 1

Just now, jrapps said:

I was just glad I got to watch it. Very educational. I will profess my ignorance of the law so I hope my commentary wasn't meant to insuate that NCL will prevail. My gut tells me that is the case, but I have no training to claim that I understand any of it.

But is was fun to watch!

I think you did a fine job. It can be a great experience to see how the process really works. I think most lay people expect Perry Mason or LA Law. Lol!

15 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

I think you did a fine job. It can be a great experience to see how the process really works. I think most lay people expect Perry Mason or LA Law. Lol!

This reminds me of the first time I went home to visit my family after passing the bar and sitting through my first 3 months as an appeals court clerk. 

My aunts and uncles wanted to know how much of my day to day is like Law & Order. I responded, “none of it.” They then asked what about the show was legally inaccurate. I responded, “well, basically everything from the moment they walk in to the courtroom to the moment they walk out, but the rest is at least entertaining.” Lol

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, jrapps said:

But is was fun to watch!

I have a little experience (Paralegal) and you did fine.

Usually you can get an idea of how a Judge/Justice will rule based upon their questioning AND the questions unasked. The Judge here grilled the attorney for the State of Florida and when he tried his "double speak" went right back at it until she got the correct answer. She also pointed out when the attorney for Florida contradicted himself. You could see the NCLH attorney was subtle happy with the questioning of the attorney for Florida.

I have no professional experience to justify my option, but I thought it was poignant when it came to light that the state’s position is that they control events at boarding but when it comes down to separate venues for vax/unvaxxed while still in US waters, somehow that is out of their jurisdiction?  There were a few missteps in the explanation of how Celebrity handles their process. Hopefully a decision is available soon. 

1 hour ago, jrapps said:

But is was fun to watch!

Nice job.

To date there is no scorecard of those credentialed getting any of the cases as predicted.

I'm leaning toward NCL prevailing on a temporary injunction.

However, after decades of watching these, primarily in Delaware restructuring or bankruptcy cases, I sometimes recall the Judge peppering the attorneys on the 'side he/she might be leaning just to make sure that he/she has covered all the grounds.

It's a toss up.

The loser appeals.

The Delta variant over the past 10-days has changed everything for the time being.

Again, nice job.

And thanks.

• Like 3