Anyone else having trouble cancelling their cruise?

Latest update. Our cruise, while officially cancelled, has yet to be refunded to us. First call was back mid-July so we're over 45 days from my initial cancellation phone call to RCL.

Two emails sent same day as my first post. Neither have gotten a response.

Emails from RCL this morning with the Cruise Confirmation. No details other than the original itinerary and that we are paid in full. 

Just tried to call RCL 3 times: one to their Customer Care line and two to the usual reservations number. Both state on the website as being open since 7 AM EST. Each time I've called this morning? I get the same message - "Our office is currently closed. Please call back during regular business hours."

WTH?

28 minutes ago, mel_kat_ said:

Latest update. Our cruise, while officially cancelled, has yet to be refunded to us. First call was back mid-July so we're over 45 days from my initial cancellation phone call to RCL.

Two emails sent same day as my first post. Neither have gotten a response.

Emails from RCL this morning with the Cruise Confirmation. No details other than the original itinerary and that we are paid in full. 

Just tried to call RCL 3 times: one to their Customer Care line and two to the usual reservations number. Both state on the website as being open since 7 AM EST. Each time I've called this morning? I get the same message - "Our office is currently closed. Please call back during regular business hours."

WTH?

yeah, I got the same calling the Crown and Anchor number today after the listed opening time.  So I called the regular reservations line...I was pleasantly surprised to get in to a human quickly, though have been in on hold between speaking to her for an hour and a half now..  

Here is the email address which finally got me a response when we had three cabins booked on a May Alaska sailing (cancelled) and still had not recevied any $$ or FCC back the week it was meant to sail, maybe it will help you?

ex-co@rccl.com

• Like 1

On 8/8/2021 at 4:18 PM, nyllrap said:

I did cancel my cruise two days ago and was also concerned that I did not get a cancellation confirmation number, or an email. Nothing to prove it was cancelled. I will be calling back next week. I did ask if I would get an email about the cancellation and was told no, but that I could call to check the status of it. Of course, will have to wait on hold a long time, I am sure. Something should appear online when I got to upcoming cruises that says cancelled, but it doesn't. Still has my cruise listed. When I don't show up, how can I prove I actually did cancel? It has me worried as well.

Royal has never issued a cancellation email/confirmation.  

Only receive for cancelled cruise planner items such as excursions, dining, internet, etc

I have had something like 13 to 15 cruises cancelled since mar 2020.  Your cruise will appear on your cruise planner until they have internally processed your cancellation.  

It really bothered me not to have anything should I have to prove I actually called. i did request that they send me an email and they finally did. Anytime anyone cancels anything, they should receive a confirmation of some sort. I do for everything except for a cruise.