Shore excursions for Disabled

willieg

DH is disabled and will be using his wheelchair while in port. Can some of you share some good ideas for shore excursions. We will be docking at The Dockyards and want to spend some time looking around that area, but would like to explore the island, too.

We would appreciate any suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.

We are thinking of taking one of the cruises that let you look at the fancy homes. This will be a "rolling" trip for DH. I am hoping I can fold his chair and take it aboard. He can handle a few steps and some walking.I also am assuming that the excursion boat leaves from a dock at the Dockyards. I hope someone who has taken this trip can give us some details.

We then will "roll" over to the Dockyard and look around.

How is the Frog and Onion for lunch? We need some "feedback" from you veteran Bermuda cruisers.

We have been to Bermuda twice now and will be cruising there for the third time this coming April. We love it. Our last cruise we had my sister with us, who was on oxygen and had problems with walking. I booked a Taxi Tour with VIP Taxi Services so we would be able to see as much of the island as possible with as less stress to her as possible and it worked out GREAT. We loved it so much we stayed with him all day...from 10am until 6pm at $35.50 per hour for up to 4 people. He was great and so accomodating with my sister and it was a trip of a lifetime for her.

If you go to http://www.bermudayp.com and go to the yellow pages then in the search box key in Taxi Tour, it will give you a listing of the Taxi Tours and some of them are listed even showing that they are wheelchair accessible.

It is the best way to go to see and do the things you want to do. On all the cruises we have been on and shore excursions that we had done, booking this on our own was the highlight of all our cruises.

Good Luck.

I would agree with the above poster -- take a tour with a taxi. And while it's been a while since I've been at the Frog & Onion, I remember it as being good. Just be forewarned that food is not cheap on Bermuda. If you're docked right there, it's much cheaper to eat on board.

Archived