Travel Companion for Disabled Cruisers

roonie

I recently got home from our first cruise which was on the Explorer of the Seas. We were absolutely delighted with the whole experience. While on the ship, I noticed several people with various degrees of disability. As a certified nurses aide with over 10 yrs experience, I thought about offering this service to people who would like to travel. Singles, couples or families. I could tell how much people loved their family members but thought how much more relaxing it would be if everyone could just "be on vacation" I looked online when I got home and there seemed to be very little out there so I made a few inquiries. I was called in person by a quadrapalegic in Canada and contacted by a young woman from England within hours of just inquiring about how I might go about doing this. Apparently, there is a real need for folks with disabilities in many areas of travel. So if you know of anyone who needs help, let them know there is help out there. In my opinion, everyone deserves a chance to see beyond their own front yard!!

Archived