Half Moon Cay??

Travelbug 2

When we go to Half Moon Cay we want to rent a clamshell on the beach. Also we would like to do the Glass Bottom Boat tour and maybe the Sting Ray Adventure.

Question for those that have been before-----

Can we do all of this comfortably? Where do the ships tours start from and is it close to the beach? We want to be able to get back to the clamshell between tours. What about dress, can I assume beach stuff will be ok for all of this?

Any advice will help. Thanks.

I guess it all depends on how long you are on HMC. The tours usually depart from the little square very close to the tender dock. I'm not sure where the glass bottom boat leaves from. It may be at the docks right by the tender dock. The stingray swim is located on the lagoon near the other watersports. Depending on the duration of the two excursions and when they begin, plus adding some time for the BBQ lunch, you might not have that much beach time. A clamshell might not be necessary as there is plenty of other shade near the beach and you might not have all that much beach time.

You will just have to look at the timing and judge for yourself. We went on the Kayak tour and after that and lunch we had a perfect amount of beach time for us. Another tour would have been pushing us too far away from a relaxed pace.

As for clothing, I wore my swimsuit and a "DAM Ships" tee shirt, Gina wore a swim suit with a matching wrap (I'm sure they have a name but it escapes me!). You will be fine in "beach attire".

Hope this helps some.

Archived