Carnival Mastercard redemption of points

fireresq15

Hi. I can't seem to find an answer to my question, sorry if it has been asked before. Once you redeem fun points for on board credit how long does it take to see it on your cruise account? Or is this something you redeem on board?

On 8/10/2021 at 10:33 AM, fireresq15 said:

Hi. I can't seem to find an answer to my question, sorry if it has been asked before. Once you redeem fun points for on board credit how long does it take to see it on your cruise account? Or is this something you redeem on board?

Definitely save the screen shot. I have had it not show up anywhere and have had to call them. I did eventually get notification on the second day of the cruise that the OBC was there. The room steward left a paper on my bed. 

One other thing you might look at. Unless my eyes are playing tricks it will cost you 1200 point for $100 OBC, but you can get a $100 carnival gift card for 1000 points, which can be used as a partial payment for your cruise.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, tytanbri said:

Definitely save the screen shot. I have had it not show up anywhere and have had to call them. I did eventually get notification on the second day of the cruise that the OBC was there. The room steward left a paper on my bed. 

I have the confirmation page printed. Unfortunately hard to tell if it is on the account yet since the "print documents" is missing once again. But thanks.. the credit card company is difficult to work with, the reps don't ever seem to have any answers. I put the initial request in in January and it is still not corrected.

13 hours ago, Edhoff said:

One other thing you might look at. Unless my eyes are playing tricks it will cost you 1200 point for $100 OBC, but you can get a $100 carnival gift card for 1000 points, which can be used as a partial payment for your cruise.

Yes, this! I plan on using 10,000 points for a gift card and applying it to my onboard account...seems crazy to waste 2,000 points for the same thing.

24 minutes ago, fireresq15 said:

I have the confirmation page printed. Unfortunately hard to tell if it is on the account yet since the "print documents" is missing once again. But thanks.. the credit card company is difficult to work with, the reps don't ever seem to have any answers. I put the initial request in in January and it is still not corrected.

It never posted to my Carnival documents.  I have used points on three separate trips and never saw it anywhere.

Good luck and have fun!