CDC 14 days without guests after international travel

pl281

@sid_9169 - This may affect you depending on when they ship comes over.....

This was just posted on the Celebrity board regarding one of their ships which is currently sailing from St Maarten and will be sailing from Miami instead.

The CDC has currently advised any ship returning to the US after having traveled in international waters may not sail with guests onboard for at least 14 days. 

There was another thread about some of the UK sailings disappearing I wonder if this has something to do with it.

@sid_9169

Hopefully you are correct - from the conversation on the Celebrity thread there seemed to be mixed understanding if it is 14 days from arrival in the US or 14 days from last passengers - 

So if they do the TA without guests and it's been 14 days since last guest and they haven't had any covid cases on board....in theory you should be good to go.

I hope you get to go - our cruise isn't until march.

• Like 1

The original first cruise from Miami was supposed to be on September 22nd, and has now been changed to October 6th, which is 15 days. That should fulfill the 14 day requirement. Also, I believe they're heading to Miami empty except for crew at the beginning of September, which hopefully gives them plenty of cushion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...