Does this mean we can explore independently ? AND QUESTION UK.GOV testing

jisduit

Checked Princess.com web site - and it states:

"In accordance with CDC guidelines, fully vaccinated guests may choose to explore destinations independently on self-guided tours, and are recommended to wear masks while indoors, during transportation, and following the destination’s health guidelines.

You can pre-purchase shore excursions through CruisePersonalizer at princess.com or on board using the MedallionClass app, digital portals, or stateroom TV, subject to availability and capacity restrictions. You must follow all COVID-19-related requirements, including physical distancing and mask-wearing, and stay with your cruise companions for the entire excursion. There could be additional restrictions based on local conditions. If your shore excursion is canceled by the company or the tour operator, or if you are denied from joining the tour, your shore excursion payment will be credited to your on-board account.

Unvaccinated guests will only be permitted to go ashore through shore excursions sold by or through Princess using tour operators who comply with our COVID-19 controls. Self-exploration or participation in shore excursions not sold through or operated by Princess will not be permitted.

If you or any members of your party refuse to comply with our COVID-19 policies and procedures, you won’t be allowed to board the ship after going ashore. We may also take other steps that, in our sole discretion, we feel are necessary to protect the health and safety of our guests and team mates. If this happens, you won’t be entitled to a refund, credit or compensation of any kind and will be responsible for all costs and fines, including (without limitation) travel expenses."

early when I saw we had to be with a princess shore excursion - I booked something for each port - does anyone know how close to cruise I can cancel some of them ?  

My question about UK.gov - I get the 3 day prior test - not an issue.  I am flying in the morning of - so my thought as far as the required 2 day test after arrival - I wont be in UK anymore so I can skip that one.  Anyone get any answers on that ?  Princess states they will cover the test to return to UK, which will also cover my return to the US.   I am willing to follow rules - but trying not to stress to much - any feedback ?

My apologies the last post has an error. It is the U.K. Govt and U.K. Chamber of shipping that dictates protocol for shore trips. Whilst neither prohibits independent shore trips it appears Princess does! I understand that on Celebrity U.K. seacations passengers are allowed ashore independently.  Watch this space!

Are Princess really going to re check all passengers on board 3 days before we dock back into the UK?  Perhaps the rules are different for cruising - the Gov.UK doesn’t say ?  Talk about confusion.  Perhaps come 16 August things we be different.  I am doing one of their seacation sailings in 2 weeks time so will be asking questions directly to their staff like this and if shore excursions can be taken independently as we are booked for Oct 12th Canaries cruise.  I hope they have answers! If not I will be cancelling it.