Mask Requirements on Celebrity

Realblonde474

I don't want to get dinged by CC but I am confused by the postings regarding masks and the requirements as to when and where you have to wear them.  We are sailing (fingers crossed) on the Apex on 9/11.  We are vaccinated and I have read/seen various posts about the requirements for masks.  Can anyone advise?

Thanks!

Donna

The official position will always be posted on the Celebrity website rather than FB, CC or any other location. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/healthy-at-sea/greece-travel-requirements for the latest information. 

Even the experience of someone on board now, doesn't mean that the same rules will apply to your cruise. 

So check the above link now and just before your cruise. 

End of story..... 😂 

• Like 5

To add to the confusion it is different dependant on your departure port. For instance, I read many posts from US cruisers that are stating very different experiences to mine when I recently sailed from Southampton. I am sure you will receive the most up to date information in the weeks / days leading up to your cruise.

My cruise mandated mask wearing indoors, and I was happy with that - just happy to be at sea. 😀

Well, it is easy to answer for Apex.

Masks are mandatory inside and outside unless eating or drinking.

Quote:

Mask Requirements:

• Required on board indoors and outdoors except while eating, drinking or in your stateroom.

It`s a Greek regulation and therefore likely to stay for quite a while.

"Eating or drinking" is handled the way it is handled on land in Greece - actually most of Europe. When seated in a bar or restaurant is masks off, when leaving the table it is masks on.

BTW we will be on Apex the week before you.

Edited by Miaminice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, laslomas said:

To add to the confusion it is different dependant on your departure port.

LOL you just added to the confusion...

The question is for Apex 9/11. The departure port is Athens and rules in Greece are clear. 😉

2 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

LOL you just added to the confusion...

The question is for Apex 9/11. The departure port is Athens and rules in Greece are clear. 😉

Give this link a go:

celebrity-healthy-at-sea-protocols.pdf (celebritycruises.com)

It is updated regularly. At the moment masks are required indoors and outdoors on Apex. This could change by your sailing. Is it September or November?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, laslomas said:

Give this link a go:

celebrity-healthy-at-sea-protocols.pdf (celebritycruises.com)

It is updated regularly. At the moment masks are required indoors and outdoors on Apex. This could change by your sailing. Is it September or November?

The OP is from the US. So 9/11 is a date we unfortunately should all know - September 11th.

The question is already answered. The rules on Apex are clear.

But I (not the OP but also sailing on Apex) disagree with you on one point. It is very unlikely to change until September since it is a Greek regulation and not just a Celebrity regulation. 
Personally we are more than happy about that. We would not have booked Apex if there was no mask and distancing  requirement.

Edited by Miaminice

We were on the Apex 7/17 cruise.  Greek authorities still have a mask mandate for inside spaces and they consider ALL of a cruise ship interior space- so masks required inside and out.  Compliance by crew was 100%- never saw a crew member without a proper face covering.  Compliance by passengers- meh.  It became worse as the week went on and by the end more seemed to be not wearing them.  I did not see a crew member ask a passenger to replace their face mask at any point.  

Basically, if we were transiting from one location to another (inside or outside) we wore our masks.  Once seated we removed them- except in the theater.    It really was not an issue at all for us personally.  There was so much space all over the ship and in every venue, that social distancing was not a problem at all.  I think we passed other passengers on our cabin hallway maybe 5 times in the course of the week.  

• Like 1