Crown Loft Suite, Upstairs TV , Access to HDMI?

riekl

Is there any access to HDMI ports on upstairs TV in crownloft?  The way it drops from the ceiling it doesn't look like it?  We always hookup a Roku for some streaming.  Thank you in advance !

I doubt you'll be able to access it but you might.  It would depend a bit on the location of the port on the particular TV and how athletic you are.  The way it drops from the ceiling leaves it hanging over the railing that separates the loft from the stairs.  It could be precarious.  

Yes, at least on Allure as of Aug 2021.  

There is a right angled hdmi cable connected to the HDMI1 input on the LCD, I would assume the other end goes to the hotel/computer system they have.  They have them hidden nicely not sure which system they are using.   

Anyway, just pull the right angle connector, the TV complains nothing is connected to HDMI1, then plug in your device.   You will want straight connectors for sure.   

The upstairs TV is on a heavy metal panel, and the TV is mounted to that panel using the vesa mounts.   Even my large hands had no issue getting at the hdmi plug on the right side of the TV.

Two pictures of the top tv, and one of the downstairs (with my white cable plugged in currently).   The downstairs tv is on an articulating arm so easy to get at the back, and they have good cable management also.

Again might be different from ship to ship or in the future.   This is Allure Aug 2021.   

508BD00D-04F1-44AA-8C2D-AA5A32611B80.jpeg

278F6800-727A-49B7-ACEE-3EAB17C4219A.jpeg

572A5900-D018-45C1-9C6E-0052639E6A6D.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, riekl said:

Is there any access to HDMI ports on upstairs TV in crownloft?  The way it drops from the ceiling it doesn't look like it?  We always hookup a Roku for some streaming.  Thank you in advance !

23 minutes ago, riekl said:

Perfect ! Thank you !!

One other item of interest for you.  On the Oasis of the Seas I stayed in a 2bd AquaTheater Suite.  In the suite they offered a Playstation console with some games.  This is hooked up with an HDMI cable.  Unplug the game console, use a female-to-female HDMI coupler/connector, and plug in your Roku device.  You'll have to get WiFi to the Roku, but other than that you should be good at that point.

If the room you are in offers any kind of DVD player or game console that's an open HDMI port that's easy to reach, just need a coupler!  🙂 

Edited by TytalusWarden

• 2 months later...