Day-room in Hong Kong

Lobbylin

Has anyone any suggestions for hotels offering day-rooms in Hong Kong? We'll be disembarking around 9.30am and won't be flying hom until 11.30pm, so ideally we're looking for somewhere to book a day-room, close to where the airport train leaves from.

I guess, we'd want to vacate the room around 8.30pm.

If you want to go to the airport, there is a hotel IN the airport. It's not cheap. http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/aguide/hotel.html

There is also a lounge with sleeping area This is reasonably priced and is a really decent facility. I used it in November and was pleasantly surprised. facilities.http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/aguide/shower.html#anchor_1

There is a great Hong Kong tour right from the airport. In-transit tour, specifically designed for occasions such as yours. First floor, visitor's bureau. It was really a good tour for very little money.

Greatam,

Thanks for the info - very useful.

I should have added that we are in port, overnight for the previous day, but would still like to carry on sightseeing on day 2 which is the same day we fly home.

Essentially, I had thought about a day room so:

1) after a second days sightseeting, we had somewhere private and quiet to chill for a few hours, as well as have a shower in preparation for the long flight home.

2) we had somewhere to leave our luggage all day whilst we carried on sightseeing.

3) and ideally we wanted it to be in a location for easy sightseeing, plus close to transport so we could then get to the airport with ease, by train or taxi.

Greatam,

Thanks for the info - very useful.

I should have added that we are in port, overnight for the previous day, but would still like to carry on sightseeing on day 2 which is the same day we fly home.

Essentially, I had thought about a day room so:

1) after a second days sightseeting, we had somewhere private and quiet to chill for a few hours, as well as have a shower in preparation for the long flight home.

2) we had somewhere to leave our luggage all day whilst we carried on sightseeing.

3) and ideally we wanted it to be in a location for easy sightseeing, plus close to transport so we could then get to the airport with ease, by train or taxi.

Airport is quite a ways from Kowloon (other side of the bay from Hong Kong Island). The train from Kowloon is very weasy trip to airport and usually you can check in for your flight at the train (no more luggage!)

Archived