Check in on line

lindyloo22

7 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

Hi,

How have people done their photo for on line check in nor sure how to do this anybody that can explain please.

thanks

Lin

The photo is used to enter into their system for security etc, just like the one they used to take at check in. So just take a selfie with a plain background and use that. I just scanned a spare copy of my passport photo.

26 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

Not sure how to get photo from phone onto pc. I might just take photo with iPad and do it that way. At check in is it like sending a attachment.

Lin

I send an email from my smart phone to my other email address with the photo attached. Then I open it on the PC and there is the photo. 

You can use a USB cable as well but then you have to fiddle around with permissions on the phone. the PC then just considers the phone as an external drive.

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

I send an email from my smart phone to my other email address with the photo attached. Then I open it on the PC and there is the photo. 

You can use a USB cable as well but then you have to fiddle around with permissions on the phone. the PC then just considers the phone as an external drive.

Or you can access the P&O site on your phone and the photo will there in your files ready to use in the booking in procedure.

• 2 weeks later...

i air dropped the photo files from my phone to my computer - then drag and dropped them to upload.  I did this too for an earlier cruise i did on the MSCVirtuosa and they still took photos when we boarded,  I had just had my covid swab taken about 30 seconds before and my eye was swollen up! So much for taking a nice photo beforehand  😆

On 8/14/2021 at 10:42 PM, lindyloo22 said:

Thanks davecttr I thought that was the way to go just needed somebody to explain how, thanks again for your help.

Lin

I took a selfie and saved it to one drive, which I have on my phone and PC. On the P&O check in page click up load picture. At Southampton they just took a picture of my passport page. They used DW's uploaded photo. They said my one looked too wrinkly.,🤔

On 8/14/2021 at 7:19 PM, lindyloo22 said:

Not sure how to get photo from phone onto pc. I might just take photo with iPad and do it that way. At check in is it like sending a attachment.

Lin

Take a picture on your phone, then click the share option. Upload to photos If you have a google account. Your photos might automatically upload to google photos anyway. Log into your google account, then download the picture you want. It should then open in your browsers default photos. From there, save the file to your computer and you can then choose the file and upload it when you are completing the boarding pass form. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harryjacobs said:

Im not very good with computers but the way I did it was to take a picture with my phone then emailed it to myself.  On laptop I opened the email then just dragged and droped the photo onto the webpage.  Seemed to work ok.

That's what I did too except I have 2 email accounts, 1 for my 'big' PC and the other for all the mobile stuff