Dream - How Many Onboard

estrawn

I'm sailing on Dream in a few weeks and am wondering about how many passengers have been onboard for the first couple of cruises.  Have they noticeably reduced the body count or is the ship pretty close to its normal capacity?

I'm hoping for a nice spacious experience with about 50% occupancy like Royal Caribbean

18 hours ago, estrawn said:

I'm sailing on Dream in a few weeks and am wondering about how many passengers have been onboard for the first couple of cruises.  Have they noticeably reduced the body count or is the ship pretty close to its normal capacity?

I'm hoping for a nice spacious experience with about 50% occupancy like Royal Caribbean

Watching the You Tube VLOGs from the first cruise its sailing with about 1600 passengers or about 60% capacity. 

Sadly they stopped well over 100 people from boarding as they didn't have the correct paperwork. 

22 hours ago, jrbeccles said:

Watching the You Tube VLOGs from the first cruise its sailing with about 1600 passengers or about 60% capacity. 

Sadly they stopped well over 100 people from boarding as they didn't have the correct paperwork. 

Well that's a little extra elbow room.  I'm looking forward to enjoying that.  Thanks for the insight

I spoke with the cruise director on the first sailing- he said there was about 1,600 booked for the first sailing. About 40% capacity as the ship normally can do about 4,000 guests. The second sailing had around 800-1,100 (I kept hearing different numbers, but definitely lower than the first sailing). The second sailing had so few guests that they shut down one of the main restaurants each evening.

On 8/17/2021 at 9:21 AM, LizzyDragon said:

I spoke with the cruise director on the first sailing- he said there was about 1,600 booked for the first sailing. About 40% capacity as the ship normally can do about 4,000 guests. The second sailing had around 800-1,100 (I kept hearing different numbers, but definitely lower than the first sailing). The second sailing had so few guests that they shut down one of the main restaurants each evening.

I wonder if the sizable smaller number of passengers on the second cruise was DCL's doing, or just people bailing because if the hoops they had to go through? 

On 8/16/2021 at 9:50 AM, jrbeccles said:

What paperwork were they all missing??

15 hours ago, GrandmaHofmann said:

What paperwork were they all missing??

Proof that their kids had taken a Covid test a few days before arriving at the port. Its a requirement for all non vaccinated passengers, even those younger than 12

• Like 1