Edge Price Drop!

Tee & Chilli

8 minutes ago, Searanger said:

Asked Celebrity the question.  Can you price out "Always Included" and" Simply Sail" on the same cruise?  Here's the reply:

"Simply Sail is only offered on certain stateroom categories and offered on certain sail dates.

It is not always offered"

So you got me on how the marketing department decides which sales tactics to use for certain cruises.  How do you fill up ships if bookings are weak on the "Always Included" model without mixing in "Simply Sail"?  Maybe that's the point.  If sales are slow then they market the "Simply Sail" without offending booked guests in "Always Included" who would ask for some money back.  GENIUS  "No" suites will never be offered as "Simply Sail".  

Guarantee suites are simply sail.  You can add on a drink package but when you book a guarantee it’s just the cabin 

11 minutes ago, Searanger said:

Asked Celebrity the question.  Can you price out "Always Included" and" Simply Sail" on the same cruise?  Here's the reply:

"Simply Sail is only offered on certain stateroom categories and offered on certain sail dates.

It is not always offered"

So you got me on how the marketing department decides which sales tactics to use for certain cruises.  How do you fill up ships if bookings are weak on the "Always Included" model without mixing in "Simply Sail"?  Maybe that's the point.  If sales are slow then they market the "Simply Sail" without offending booked guests in "Always Included" who would ask for some money back.  GENIUS  "No" suites will never be offered as "Simply Sail".  

Two cruises I've been following, September 25 and October 2, on the Edge, both show Simply Sail rates, and they've been there for at least the last three weeks so I guess it's not a mistake.

I booked a "Simply Sail" trans-Atlantic Edge cruise for October 2022. It was the only one of the 5 other trans-Atlantic crossings leaving Europe in the Fall of 2022. 

I just made Elite+ (so I get the benefits offered) and I never sailed on a Edge class ship yet, it was the logical choice. 

Happy Celebrity introduced this.

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Even when you are cruising in a suite with the Sail Only Gty, you receive free drinks while in the Michael’s/retreat lounge.  You do not get the Classic Drink Package to use outside the lounge.

Thanks, that makes sense

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Banjo said:

I booked a "Simply Sail" trans-Atlantic Edge cruise for October 2022. It was the only one of the 5 other trans-Atlantic crossings leaving Europe in the Fall of 2022. 

I just made Elite+ (so I get the benefits offered) and I never sailed on a Edge class ship yet, it was the logical choice. 

Happy Celebrity introduced this.

? You mean it’s the only one to offer Simply Sail, right. We have TA booked for fall of 2022, and it’s leaving Europe last time I checked, 😉

On 8/18/2021 at 7:13 PM, cangelmd said:

? You mean it’s the only one to offer Simply Sail, right. We have TA booked for fall of 2022, and it’s leaving Europe last time I checked, 😉

Right. The other 5 offer the perks.