Renewing Passport throught the "Post Office."

On 8/18/2021 at 11:47 AM, beshears said:

I recently "renewed" my Passport through the Post Office. I did not pay EXTRA to expedite it.  We plan to cruise the 2nd week in January.  If you have "renewed" your passport through the Post Office within "this" year, can you give me an idea "how long" it took to get your passport back?

My husband applied for a new passport & I renewed mine on June 16th. 

My husband's passport was issued on August 3rd and he received it mid August.  My renewal wasn't issued until August 27th and it came a couple of weeks later.  They were both sent out at the same time, from the same post office.  And showed online as being received at the same time.  So I can only assume that the hold up on mine was the name change.

Finally received my replacement passport today after submitting everything via post office and paying for expedited service on September 3. 

also, my new passport has a faded picture that almost loos black and white. I’m sure it’s valid, but definitely odd. Perhaps higher security measures???

Processing times will vary based on the passport center.  

Philadelphia is back to pre-COVID wait times.  We also recently renewed our passports.  Mailed them on 10/5, standard service.  Much to our surprise, we received the new ones 10/21, 2.5 weeks later.