embarkation question

vacationminuskids

11am arrival works for me. I'm usually on the ship enjoying lunch by noon, carry-ons already dropped off in my cabin.

More and more folks are going earlier these days, it seems. Years ago, if they said embarkation at 1pm, they were strict about that, and nobody got on the ship before 1pm.

ok, it says that embarkation is from 130pm till 330pm. So, when do I actually show up and get on the ship? We're doing the Miracle out of Tampa 3/5/06 (2 weeks away:eek:). And what can I expect?

It also depends on how soon everyone is off the ship from the previous week - however, generally we arrive around 11-11:30 and are able to get on the ship by noon. Sometimes your cabin may not be ready but you usually are able to drop off your carry on luggage and then go explore or eat and by the time you are done with that your cabin is ready.

What about cruises that are the first one of the year at that port? We are on the Jun 13 out of NY. What time/day does the ship get to port for the first trip? We will be in the city the day before and I'm thinking that we can get on very early. Even before 1100?

georgeb I don't think they'll allow you on any earlier simply because the crew has to get everything situated. You can get in line and start getting ready to check in but your rooms aren't supposed to be ready until a certain time.

I don't know for sure though, that's just my educated guess based on past experience. We get there early so we can get in line and get on the ship faster, but it still takes a while.

Ashkarita, actually it is the exact opposite, the first time that a ship arrives for season is actually one of the worst, even if she has been there for prior seasons. There is a lot of confusion because the customer reps are not as familiar with the ship and many could be new hires who are not a familiar with the check in process. This lead to long lines. Later in the season it gets better.

What about cruises that are the first one of the year at that port? We are on the Jun 13 out of NY. What time/day does the ship get to port for the first trip? We will be in the city the day before and I'm thinking that we can get on very early. Even before 1100?

It could still be a repositioning cruise, which means that people are on the ship and have to get off before you can board.

Archived