New CDC recommendations tonight

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cdc-warns-travelers-covid-high-222332970.html

The cruise industry was on the right track when many corporations began requiring proof of vaccinations for everyone on board, but they had their business models shot down by those who know nothing about ships or medical matters. I hope the industry sticks to their guns this time and does what they know makes sense from the experience they have gained from these first few cruises. 

We have booked cruises for next summer and fall. I hope we can all feel safe by then. At this point, I don't feel any safer on land, as way too many people still act like this global pandemic is just a bad cold. 

For those preparing to sail in the next few weeks, please be on guard but don't let this news spoil everything for you. The captains will continue to monitor the situation on board and look out for you. We must look out for each other, too.

15 minutes ago, sunbrookgal said:

Yup. Older folks need not apply! Or is there something they are not saying? 

Not just old folks. The advice also applies to a number of high-risk medical conditions at any age and to pregnant women.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LadyShiva said:

What's this "we" mess?  I am not pregnant, I am not able to get a discount at Denny's and under strict supervision by my doc due to my serious medical issues.

It is a self selection due to age and medical conditions...  it may feel like you are being singled out, but that's you deciding the CDC recommendation applies to you.

Totally agree with the spirit of your post even though I could get the senior discount at Denny's.  I'm wondering if this has any effect on travel insurance.  I saw that asked on another board but no answers. I know that if you travel against level 4 State Department advisories it will invalidate your travel insurance.  But does anyone know if CDC "guidelines" have any insurance ramifications?

44 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

Totally agree with the spirit of your post even though I could get the senior discount at Denny's.  I'm wondering if this has any effect on travel insurance.  I saw that asked on another board but no answers. I know that if you travel against level 4 State Department advisories it will invalidate your travel insurance.  But does anyone know if CDC "guidelines" have any insurance ramifications?

The travel notice itself recommends that you get travel insurance to protect yourself if you choose to cruise anyway. The notice is just advice not a warning or ban.

It will have no effect on insurance. Read your policy or contact you insurance carrier if you are concerned.

• Like 1