Noumea & Vila - taxi / bus costs ?

Whoey

Hiya,

Does anyone know the approximate costs of a taxi or bus to:

Noumea -

In Noumea Beach on the other side of the island (is there a bus service or just cabs?)

Vila -

From dock to Cascade's and back

From dock to town (the shops !!!)

Anywhere good to eat in Vila, like a cafe for lunch, that sort of thing or best to stick with the ship food ?

cheers

Does anyone know the approximate costs of a taxi or bus to:

Vila -

From dock to Cascade's and back

From dock to town (the shops !!!)

Anywhere good to eat in Vila, like a cafe for lunch, that sort of thing or best to stick with the ship food ?

cheers

Not sure about taxi or bus prices in Noumea, haven't used them.

Taxi from ship to town in Vila is $10. These are small cars and can fit in 3 adults comfortably or 2 adults & 2 kids. Bus is $2 per person. You could negotiate the cost of the taxi, I think someone said previously was about $40-$50 return to Cascades. Remember you need to also pay $10 entry per person at Cascades.

We have a tradition that we eat at the Olympic snack bar in Vila where we used to get fat fats and bun buns. They now just call these chips and aren't as good as they use to be, probably won't stop there again. There are a couple of nice cafes which should be safe. Just do what you would normally do and make sure the place looks reasonably clean before stopping there!

Cheers,

Chaz:)

In Noumea you will have to walk up to the park, not far at all, but just ask at the info desk in the wharf where the markets are. They do not come down to the wharf. A taxi to one of the bays cost us one thousand francs, but you can get a Green Number One bus, (there is a green card with 1 on it in the window) for 200 francs each. You buy your ticket then punch it in the machine. I think you can probably just get off where you like.

just jump on a bus anywhere in noumea and go to anse vate beach its a pretty good beach i was there in august 100 francs on bus 1000 francs in taxi about 90c or 9 dollars if i remembner .vila $2 PER person adult or child in one of their crappy mitsubishi vans or $10 in one of their beat up taxis they will take 5 or 6 bucks to get you back to ship about 4.30 onwards i didnt bargain they offered i used to go to rossis i went there in august for a great seafood li\unch when i went last week it was boarded up just go to one of the cafes in main street there is a really nice one near prouds on same side of road soory cant remember name if you want slap up get a cab and go to le meridien or le lagon be warned it will cost you

Anse Vate beach is lovely and there are various places to eat. I've also heard Lemon Bay is lovely. we drove around it when we were last there and from memory it looked like a great place - lots of shops and cafes etc.

We found Noumea itself was good for t's but not much else. Good to walk around and get a feel for the place and it was an easy walk back to the ship.

From memory there's also another area near the marina worth a look as well. Again lots of shops and resturants (much nicer than the area near where the ship docks).

Kerri

Archived