Any changes dress code on Infinity?

judyfssw

People returning from Summit cruises indicate that there are two formal, one informal and the rest casual dress codes for Alaska. Anybody back from the Infinity? Are the dress codes the same as always or more relaxed?

Judy

Summit, Alaska - 7/22/05 - countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2005;7;22;17;45;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Constellation, Southern Caribbean - 2/19/05 - countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2005;2;19;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Infinity, Alaska - 7/25/04 -countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;7;25;17;00;00&timezone=PMT-0545

2/21/04 - Constellation, Southern Caribbean - Another incredibly wonderful cruise

2/22/03 - Constellation (Just a wonderful, wonderful cruise)

2/22/99 - Mercury

Monarch of the Sea

Judy,

I called Celebrity last week and was told by the man that answered the phone that they now only have casual and formal nights on their ships. This doesn't seem to be true with people that have just gotten off the ships. Hopefully it will happen before we take our cruise in Feb.

Don

Just talked to Celebrity today and was told that all 7 day cruises 2 Formal 2 Semi-Formal and 3 casual with no shorts, capri's or jeans allowed in dining room for dinner. Semi-Formal means jackets and collared shirts for men(Tie optional).

However, last week when I called, was told 2 Formal, 2 smart casual and 3 anything you want including capri's, shorts, jeans. That gal didn't sound like she was too sure and when I questioned her further, she told me I was making too much out of it.

I prefer the more dressy approach and will do just that.

Just talked to Celebrity today and was told that all 7 day cruises 2 Formal 2 Semi-Formal and 3 casual with no shorts, capri's or jeans allowed in dining room for dinner. Semi-Formal means jackets and collared shirts for men(Tie optional).
OMG...this better not be true! Other than my clothing for formal nights I have nothing but nice capris packed for "dressing for dinner" clothing.

Truth be told... the hardest thing for me to wrap my mind around about cruising is the dress code. We're not very fancy people and don't have a lot of money to spend just for cruise clothing. I hope we won't be embarrassed.

We travel on the Century 7/3.

On the Century last year, or the casual nights, I wore capris. Many..and I mean many.. of the women were wearing nice capris in the dining room. I don't mean jean capris.. but dressier ones (linen etc..). So I don't think you have to worry. Pair them with a cute top and nice sandals.. you are all set!

:)

danielle

Archived