Bahamas Requires COVID-19 Vaccine For All Eligible Passengers.

I won't lie, I've shed quite a few tears today after seeing this news. It looks like cruising days are over for now, for me and my family. 

I'm fully vaccinated, as is my husband but for some stupid, unknow reason the UK isn't vaccinating anyone under the age of 18. With an unvaccinated 13 year old in the family we can no longer cruise, so unfair 😭

40 minutes ago, joyhannah said:

Looks like all cruise lines will have to have only vaccinated passengers. 

Florida can no longer have different rules then every other state.

They still have the same rules to protect our freedoms.  Just like the airline, if they travel to a country that requires something, they the cruiseline or airline is obligated to check it.  Does not change the state laws.  This is also only a limited item, which will change eventually.

• Like 1

Just now, dltaeg said:

I won't lie, I've shed quite a few tears today after seeing this news. It looks like cruising days are over for now, for me and my family. 

I'm fully vaccinated, as is my husband but for some stupid, unknow reason the UK isn't vaccinating anyone under the age of 18. With an unvaccinated 13 year old in the family we can no longer cruise, so unfair 😭

They will be eventually. They've already started with 16-18 Year Olds.

COVID-19 vaccines are available for: everyone aged 16 or over. some children aged 12 to 15 who have a higher risk of getting seriously ill from COVID-19 or who live with someone at high risk of catching it.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-vaccine/

Expect that to be extended as and when data becomes available and more approvals come in for use in furtherage groups.

We can't go to the US at the moment anyways I don't think? (Assuming you want to get a cruise from the US)

US is on our Amber list: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa
Plus we aren't on their "Green" list: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa/entry-requirements#entry-rules-in-response-to-coronavirus-covid-19

So regardless of vaccination status cruising for UK peeps from the US is out for the future at the moment!

• Like 1