Purchase photo and/or internet package pre-cruise?

roberttz

Internet - 1 device no-streaming is $72.73, is this a discount price? What is the regular price on the ship for 7 night cruise?
Photo - 1) Mix and Match 10 photos - $100. It does not specify what size, are these 5x7 small pictures or studio 8x10 pictures? (I would think small at this price).

Also what's the regular price on ship for this package? Or 8x10 pictures?

2) There is a All inclusive digital package $150 for all pictures taken by photographers. I think you get digital copy only.
             Does these include studio backdrop pictures? What's the regular price on the ship for this?

I am trying to figure out should I get these pre-cruise or decide it on the ship.

Thanks
Robert

Given that my wifi package for one device (no streaming) for a 3-day cruise came to about $31 and change it'd appear that the pre-booking price is about $10/day. It will be more on the ship for sure. 

First time on MSC so can't say for certain about the photo size, but promotional pics look like they're 5x7s which is consistent with what I remember from NCL. 

In the photo packages section for me, they say "Book now and save up to 85%." I'm assuming that "up to" may reflect the per photo cost onboard vs. the 30 mix & match photo package for $190. If that's the case, then a single photo may potentially cost around $42 onboard. Yeouch!

That said, I'm not very inclined to buy photos of myself, especially before they're even snapped. The least expensive pre-board photo package is 5 photos for $70. In the off chance that there's a truly remarkable photo I must have, $42 would still be a better overall value vs. buying a bunch of mediocre photos which would likely be put into an album never to be looked at again. 

I will bring at least a mini-tripod, and a GorillaPod. Debating about whether I want to pack a full-size tripod, but not likely given how light I want to travel. I'm sure you can get a fellow passenger or even a crew member to take a photo of/with you. That seems like it'd be a much more memorable image than one snapped while you're waiting for your turn at the "Washy-Washy" station. 

Edited for clarity

Edited by ciabelle

Yes,  I might skip pre booking.
See this review, looks like ship pricing same as online so might as well wait.

I tend to buy 2-3 8x10 studio pictures and spend about $50-75...
However wife is right, I should not buy the pictures...
These pictures stay packed in boxes 🙂

I am getting this (Saw my friend use it today and it works well) tripod.
https://www.amazon.com/Fugetek-Integrated-Professional-Lightweight-Bluetooth/dp/B075WQYN3B/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1Y63UWQW8D8YF&dchild=1&keywords=fugetek+51"+professional+selfie+stick+%26+tripod%2C+phone+holder&qid=1630285285&sprefix=fugetek+%2Caps%2C200&sr=8-3

I bought internet package pre-cruise. I think there is some savings.

Lat day pictures are reduced by elite status. Diamond was 40%. I did not purhcase as I already had two, one for what should be welcome receiption and one for Diamond reception. Both were cancelled, one sub with first night dinner pic and other was one I chose.

We were at BC for first night I was able to take two pics for free. They did complaind about larger one when you board nut he took same pic and put on 5x7  and gave it to us.