Cancelled with Cruise with Confidence

I had to cancel August 29 Allure cruise booked with Royal due to medical emergency.  Obviously final payment had been made along with payment for Royal’s vacation protection plan.  Agent said FCC would be issued for cruise fare, port fees and taxes refunded to original form of payment.   I have received two different agents stating what would happen to the protection plan fees. One said a voucher would be issued to be used specifically for a future Royal protection plan.  One said the protection plan fees would be forfeited.  Has anyone had a similar experience or know the correct outcome of these fees?

if you cancel for cruise with confidence, you get an FCC for base fare and the rest should come back to a credit card.  It would include Protection, taxes, tips pre paid.  

At least that was what I was told last week.  

Still waiting for them to process but it is in the works.

I worry that the room  for my Sept 10 is not being put back into inventory.  I also hope my reservation doesn't come up as a NO SHOW if the team is too slow in cancelling.  I have called twice and they say to not worry.  

You canceled 8 hours in advance and the C with Confidence should work out for you  and you lose not money.   BUT, if you did not say the words Cancel for FCC under Cruise with Confidence, then that would be a different outcome.

But you can call back.  I had to do this same scenario with an NCL and after about 3 weeks I had not gotten my FCC, so I called and they had to go back to listen to my phone call to determine that the agent had a language issue and did not understand me and they quickly changed to FCC and no penalties.   hope it works out for you