How Long to Transfer Credit from NCL Peace of Mind ??

robin13

So I was originally booked in an inside cabin for $1800 (solo cruiser) on The Gem sailing of 9/19/21.  The only reason I booked that sailing was because it was going to Tortola.  Flash forward to last week and there was an itinerary change.  No Tortola!!  I talked to my TA at NCL and she said I could change my sailing which I did.  I changed to a much cheaper sailing $1512 in a club balcony for the sailing on 9/26.  Now the problem is that I have to wait for NCL to transfer my credit from the 9/19 cruise to the 9/26 cruise.  My 9/26 cruise is on hold and my TA has to re-hold it every two days so I can get the cheaper price.  My question is has anyone else experienced this long of a wait for the credit to be transferred?  This is getting ridiculous as the cruise is 30 days away and I want to book excursions  and dinner reservations!!  My poor TA has no idea when the credit will be transferred and neither does her supervisor.  The only good thing about the cruise being on hold is that there was a reduction of $75 so I got that price.  Anyone else in the same boat (pun intended)??

6 minutes ago, robin13 said:

So I was originally booked in an inside cabin for $1800 (solo cruiser) on The Gem sailing of 9/19/21.  The only reason I booked that sailing was because it was going to Tortola.  Flash forward to last week and there was an itinerary change.  No Tortola!!  I talked to my TA at NCL and she said I could change my sailing which I did.  I changed to a much cheaper sailing $1512 in a club balcony for the sailing on 9/26.  Now the problem is that I have to wait for NCL to transfer my credit from the 9/19 cruise to the 9/26 cruise.  My 9/26 cruise is on hold and my TA has to re-hold it every two days so I can get the cheaper price.  My question is has anyone else experienced this long of a wait for the credit to be transferred?  This is getting ridiculous as the cruise is 30 days away and I want to book excursions  and dinner reservations!!  My poor TA has no idea when the credit will be transferred and neither does her supervisor.  The only good thing about the cruise being on hold is that there was a reduction of $75 so I got that price.  Anyone else in the same boat (pun intended)??

So you have a pcp at ncl? or do you have a TA that does not work for ncl?

You might end up waiting a month or longer. I canceled a cruise just using the prior to 61 days and it took almost 6 weeks to post.  I still don't have my cash deposit back yet but that seems to take 2 or more months.

Steve

No, she works for NCL.  She said they are doing these in batches and has no idea when mine will be done.  They did cancel my 9/19 cruise so that is good but since this cruise leaves in 30 days you would think there would be a rush on it.

7 minutes ago, robin13 said:

No, she works for NCL.  She said they are doing these in batches and has no idea when mine will be done.  They did cancel my 9/19 cruise so that is good but since this cruise leaves in 30 days you would think there would be a rush on it.

Yes that is the answer...in batches.  They are in no rush to do anything it seems. One department does one thing and so on.

Steve