Brooklyn terminal WiFi

Klapka

We're usually in and out of the terminal fast enough that we've never looked for wifi coverage. That will probably change with the need for COVID testing and a mandated waiting period. I suspect that there is no wifi based on the following quote from the Crew Center website. I'll be curious to see if anyone has first hand feedback. I'd stop by the terminal and check, on my next NYC visit, but the grounds are locked up tight and you can't get anywhere near the terminal building.

New York, NY Cruise Ship Port Region: Caribbean/ North Atlantic USA Internet Available: No.  Neither facility has Wi-Fi in Brooklyn or Manhattan. Free in surrounding restaurants/coffee shops, public library.

And, per the write-up on the Brooklyn Terminal here on Cruise Critic: 

Wi-Fi at Brooklyn Cruise Terminal

Currently, there is no Wi-Fi available at the Brooklyn Cruise terminal.

Edited by frankp01
To add Cruise Critic snippet

You may be able to  hook up to one of the restaurants or upcoming stores in the Redhook area near the ship terminal. Ex. Ikea, Fairway to name a few of the dozen businesses being opened.

They may offer you guest connect to hook on to.

I thought your explanation was a good one, Mark. But I'm always curious, so did the same search in Cruise Critic for some other east coast cruise terminals that I did for Brooklyn. Apparently wifi is available at quite a few of them. And wifi is certainly available at most international airports, even though there is the same prohibition on the use of cell phones while clearing immigration. Here are the ports I searched:

Cape Liberty & Manhattan
Both port facilities have ample seating and bathrooms, but oddly enough, Cape Liberty is the only terminal offering free Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi is still not readily available at the Manhattan cruise terminal.

Port Everglades
the terminal also includes free Wi-Fi.

Baltimore
Free Wi-Fi service is available at the terminal.

Boston
Wireless internet is free and available throughout the Boston cruise terminal using the network "cruiseboston."

It looks like NYCruise just needs to step up its game.