Live from The Millennium in Montevideo

MLinFL

Well, actually, I am at the Internet Cafe at the pier - the cost is $1.00/15 minutes as opposed to .60/minute on the ship.

I will write a complete review when I get home but just wanted to report that we are having a wonderful time. The ship is great, the service is wonderful and except for missing the stop at Port Stanley due to projected gale-force winds, the weather has been wonderful.

With regard to missing the Port Stanley stop - the Captain then changed the itinerary which put us in Puerto Madryn a day earlier than originally planned. He made the Port Stanley day a sea day, then instead of having another sea day the next day, we made the port stop. Then we had another sea day and the next day (Thursday) was almost a sea day, as we docked in Montevideo last night at 8pm. We will leave Montevideo at 5pm today (Friday) for Buenos Aires. I mention this for those who have private tours planned. Just a "heads up" that you may have to get in touch with your tour guides. We just used ship's tours while onboard. These were changed with no problem.

Also, just wanted to mention that you should probably book more than one penguin stop if it is important to you. We actually booked 3 - but when we saw the penguins at our first opportunity in Punta Arenas, we were so delighted as the penguins were wonderful, the weather was sunny and we got great pictures, that we decided to cancel the other 2 stops. I heard that the bus ride out to the penguins in Puerto Madryn was rather uncomfortable as it was quite warm that day. Our trip out to the penguins in Puerto Arenas was via ferry and quite comfortable. (Forgive me if I have the port names mixed up - I don't have any of my notes with me here.)

I'll report more after I get back in the states unless I can find another inexpensive internet cafe.

Hope that all others that are taking this cruise will be as blessed as we have been.

Mary Lou:)

I was wondering what was going on. It looked like you were at sea for more than a day between Puerto Montt and MV. I saw the ship pull into MV yesterday around 7pm ship's time (8pm local time) on the webcam.

Too bad that you missed Port Stanley. Apparently, the gale force winds did not materialize and a Radisson ship had no problem getting into the Falklands.

Glad to hear that you are having a good time.

We like the Punta Arenas penguin viewing better than the Puerto Madryn. The road trip in Punta Arenas is horter and easier than the one in Muerto Madryn.

The ship is great, the service is wonderful and except for missing the stop at Port Stanley due to projected gale-force winds, the weather has been wonderful.

Mary Lou:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=5820056&postcount=1

BTW, did you stop at Cape Horn for a couple of hours for a good view from the heliport?

Archived