“LIVE” Symphony! A greatly anticipated return to the Sea 🤗

I was on carnival a few weeks ago and I actually wanted more people. The vibe was just not the same. I would think on oasis class it’s going to be very quiet. I hope in feb a lot of passengers are back. I could be the only one but even when symphony is full it doesn’t seem crazy to me. The muster drill is awesome now, so never have to worry about the craziness of that again. Enjoy

2 minutes ago, perfect match said:

I can’t wait until we’re cruising on our own private mega yacht! ALLURE! 🛳

That’s how I think it will feel to me! 😎 I will not miss the crowds at all.For me, there will be enough people to keep it interesting. 

I thought I would feel the same, was too chill. We had 1500 passengers and 1200 employees. Kinda Weird. 

1 hour ago, niksmom630 said:

Bartender on the suite sun deck said there are 2000 onboard this sailing

When I was on 17 with the concierge making my dinner reservations, I stopped by the bar to inquire how beverages work. Confirmed that any beverage you consume during the day are paid for or deducted against your loyalty beverage vouchers if you are Sky Class. But, from 5 to 8 is free beverages in the lounge for happy hour. 

What??? They stopped free beer and wine 11 AM - 11PM in the Suite Lounge bar???

1 hour ago, renza said:

I thought I would feel the same, was too chill. We had 1500 passengers and 1200 employees. Kinda Weird. 

I agree, it will feel kinda weird, but for mr it will be a good weird. Certainly a once in a lifetime opportunity. 

We live in Central Florida and visit the theme parks regularly. Our best park days ever were once the day following a hurricane with nobody in Magic Kingdom and last summer about two weeks after the parks reopened following the Covid shutdown. Those two days were, for us, truly magical! I think I’ll feel the same way on Allure. DH, I’m not so sure about. He will probably wish there were more people. 

However it plays out, we’ll be happy just being on a cruise! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, perfect match said:

I agree, it will feel kinda weird, but for mr it will be a good weird. Certainly a once in a lifetime opportunity. 

We live in Central Florida and visit the theme parks regularly. Our best park days ever were once the day following a hurricane with nobody in Magic Kingdom and last summer about two weeks after the parks reopened following the Covid shutdown. Those two days were, for us, truly magical! I think I’ll feel the same way on Allure. DH, I’m not so sure about. He will probably wish there were more people. 

However it plays out, we’ll be happy just being on a cruise! 

I am in south Florida. Palm beach. Oh I completely avoid the parks but when it first opened after the closure it was awesome. When r u on Allure?  I am on the 8 night sailing March 5. I am on symphony feb 12 first. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandebeach said:

What??? They stopped free beer and wine 11 AM - 11PM in the Suite Lounge bar???

Yes, actually he told me they close completely in the afternoon, maybe after 3 pm, and then reopen at 5 . And no “free” drinks until the happy hour, which is 5-8 I think he said 

• Thanks 1

I’ll try and catch up with photos. 

i’m Not missing the crowds one iota. The crew has been fabulous and the service amazing. I’m sure they aren’t making the tips they are used to , so I’m happy to oblige by tipping more for this experience. 

0664B8B9-ADC9-4153-88C4-7AD778B7B89C.thumb.jpeg.8fab910b276759fee9aeac2435167a7d.jpeg

B65F56D9-625F-4E67-BD48-54B1AF9B1E29.thumb.jpeg.c77ea192efb3b5572aef56392aa5d939.jpeg

• Like 7

As of about 5 pm, they were still waiting for a little less than 200 people who had not done muster. No doubt why we are still sitting here. 😡 

I hope they keep this process but they should make people do it before they board. No way to coral the idiots later.  Sure they will ruin what is most certainly a good thing for the rest  of us. Wonder if that was the issue with odyssey leaving so late last night….🤔

• Like 4

It's a beautiful sight to watch the ships again at Sail-Away.  They moved the Insignia from one side of the harbor to just behind Symphony, which took some time.  Probably had to finish that up while it was still light out.  The timetables have the ship leaving at 1900 in September, so I thought maybe that is why the later departure.

But, she is all lit up and leaving the harbor.  Enjoy!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, niksmom630 said:

Yes, actually he told me they close completely in the afternoon, maybe after 3 pm, and then reopen at 5 . And no “free” drinks until the happy hour, which is 5-8 I think he said 

Thanks for checking. 

• Like 1

I was surprised to see headliners on the activities schedule.  I'm pretty sure that I read at one point that the Oasis class ships didn't have a headliner.  I wonder if they are currently scheduled due to the lack of the "FLIGHT" show.  I think when we were on Symphony in 2018, there was no Aqua Show scheduled on same night as "Flight" because the same crew worked the mechanical stuff on both.

Dinner view from Coastal Kitchen

77F867B1-E052-4A95-8789-928DBA107447.thumb.jpeg.538c451d0d79f1307ff3f7605dd3066a.jpeg

been waiting a long time for this escargot 🤗

0CA9ECE6-0ACF-4B88-B782-654A65ED173D.thumb.jpeg.36efea1746dc53344fb898ba40fc22e1.jpeg

E9369DB0-9CCC-4B8E-B4B7-93585A073EA1.thumb.jpeg.4a7e20b7a40247de488a1212178a5814.jpeg

BB038363-3556-4729-99FF-EFFF7219461B.thumb.jpeg.5466ca8bdbf1825465b3f4ed6e688cff.jpeg

944AAA7C-1845-44CE-B036-5B8A25EFD23E.thumb.jpeg.9b20cbae9bb9d511c50b58a00e8a20c9.jpeg

Everything was excellent. I’m only able to get reservations at either 5:30 or 8. For some reason I recalled more flexible scheduling similar to my time dining. 

5:30 is a bit early, but we will make it work. The plan is to stick with Coastal Kitchen for dinner this week, although we will try Hooked on Thursday. 

• Like 5

If anyone would like to see the compasses, let me know, and I can upload them. 

Day one observations…..

- the lines at 12:30 for boarding were pretty long. Not sure is this was because the first boarding time (I thought) was 1 pm.

There we’re basically two lines outside . One for  suites and pinnacles, and one for general boarding. Both of those outdoor lines fed into the building entrance. They were letting parties traveling together in, one group at a time. 

once in the building there were only around 10 check in stations/podiums. There was also a star class sign at the curb , and those groups got priority entrance ahead of suites and pins as they arrived. 

- the aqua show was vaccinated only at 8:15, and was maybe 20% full. What our crowd lacked in numbers, we made up for in enthusiasm, and there were a couple standing ovations during the show. The performers looked so happy to be back….it was kind of emotional 💕

• Like 6