Upgrades

joekatie

Our cruise leaves in a couple weeks.  We have a SN balcony which is an aft suite.  We want to upgrade to a S4.  Two bedroom suite.  The s4 is selling now for less than what we paid for the aft.  We want to switch to the 2 bedroom and they’re saying they can’t do that anymore.  Not asking for price adjustment just a room change. 

The s4 that is now cheaper than we paid does show in our upgrade page but the minimum bid is $200 per person when we already paid more than the room is going for. 

anyone have any advice on how to get this upgrade ?  

8 minutes ago, joekatie said:

Thank you but looking for a refund.  Want a nicer room that is currently less than what we paid. 

I'm in the same boat and pretty sure that is covered multiple times in the discussion with lots of advice on what has been tried, results, etc. Note: NCL just recently changed their "rules" on upgrades after final payment date. 

You will NOT get a refund.  You MIGHT be able to get 25% OBC for the price difference.  You MIGHT be able to get an upgrade without paying any additional cost but that depends on the perks etc that were in play when you booked.  You will NOT get an upgrade if you have an airfare promo - I've already tried.

53 minutes ago, joekatie said:

Thank you but looking for a refund.  Want a nicer room that is currently less than what we paid. 

You still need to make a bid to try and get the upgrade.  You will need to pay for it.  Just because the price is now less than what you paid for your own cabin does not mean much to NCL.  The current price is set lower now in order to try and sell it to a new customer this close to sailing.  That means NCL wants revenue for it.  If they just gave it to you for free, they would not get any revenue and they would then have to sell your cabin, which is not worth as much added revenue to them.  Put in a bid if you want it. 

Edited by MeHeartCruising

I understand your frustration-I really do. But all of us on these boards know how it works. Do you book early and lock down a rate and cabin you’re comfortable with or do you wait for a last minute deal with a chance that you won’t get what you want? It’s the game each of play each and every time we book a cruise. But we don’t get to play it both ways 😔

I don’t know about other people but I literally JUST upgraded my room, resulting in a refund. We were in a balcony suite. Noticed that a club suite was cheaper than our balcony suite. Called and they upgraded me and I’m waiting on my $50 refund. She did have to put me on hold and talk to her supervisor but it can in fact be done. On top of that, we then noticed that Haven room prices dropped. I called and upgraded again (that was Friday). Just watch your promotions. When I upgraded to the Haven they accidentally dropped all of my free at sea promotions and I had to call back to sort that out. Took them 30 minutes to fix it and some how I got a $9 refund. 

1 minute ago, Missholls9 said:

I don’t know about other people but I literally JUST upgraded my room, resulting in a refund. We were in a balcony suite. Noticed that a club suite was cheaper than our balcony suite. Called and they upgraded me and I’m waiting on my $50 refund. She did have to put me on hold and talk to her supervisor but it can in fact be done. On top of that, we then noticed that Haven room prices dropped. I called and upgraded again (that was Friday). Just watch your promotions. When I upgraded to the Haven they accidentally dropped all of my free at sea promotions and I had to call back to sort that out. Took them 30 minutes to fix it and some how I got a $9 refund. 

When is your cruise?

37 minutes ago, Missholls9 said:

And what were your promos?  The stickler seems to be the airfare promo.

Just now, julig22 said:

And what were your promos?  The stickler seems to be the airfare promo.

That might be the issue. We didn’t have airfare. Just the free at sea. It did take them talking to a supervisor though. When I first ask she said no. And I pressed a little bit and she said, “well let me just ask my supervisor” and then she did it. I wasn’t mean or nasty about it. Just asked her nicely if she could double check. Gave her lots of nice feedback too and thanked her often. 

• Thanks 1