How to Insure when I dont know the full cost yet?

I am doing a land based/cruise/land based trip to Europe in 2022. 

The cruise is the only thing booked.  I have until Sept 9, 2021 to buy insurance that would cover CFAR and pre-existing condition. 

I dont know how much to ensure the trip for as I havent booked air fare, hotels, rental cars yet.  

How do I obtain a quote when I dont know how much I need to insure?

On 8/28/2021 at 7:28 PM, greatestvalue said:

I am doing a land based/cruise/land based trip to Europe in 2022. 

The cruise is the only thing booked.  I have until Sept 9, 2021 to buy insurance that would cover CFAR and pre-existing condition. 

I dont know how much to ensure the trip for as I havent booked air fare, hotels, rental cars yet.  

How do I obtain a quote when I dont know how much I need to insure?

Hi greatestvalue,

You may estimate your per person trip costs and later, when you prepay more trip costs, call us and we will increase your insurance coverage and you pay the difference in price.

Steve Dasseos

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iamtrustworthy said:

You may estimate your per person trip costs and later, when you prepay more trip costs, call us and we will increase your insurance coverage and you pay the difference in price.

@iamtrustworthy- Hi Steve 

Called today and spoke to Kim. As usual, you guys are great! 

She provided quotes for both of my upcoming trips.  We ended up quoting just medical/evacuation because I have the other coverages through a credit card.  So total costs was quoted at only $500.00 each trip.

I am still a bit confused on if I have pre-existing coverage or not (both of the first payments were made some time ago). Ive read the pre-existing article and then looked at the company the quote was for and it caused me to get confused...LOL 

Unfortuneately even tho I cancelled the trip for next year with one agent, and booked with another. and I believe I have 2 different booking numbers, it was the same cruise so the 1st payment date still stood, is what Kim understood. 

I thought it would change due to the new agent but Kim indicated she confirmed it stood because it is the same cruise, dates etc .

My other question for Kim was how long do I have to book the insurance since it is only medical health & medical evacuation. 

I sent Kim an email (late in the day) asking for some help to better understand.  Im sure she will respond tomorrow. 

Thank you for responding here, appreciate the attentiveness you and your team always provide.  

If it wasnt for you Steve, I would never have got the refund back on my cruise last year during the pandemic. 

Then you had the patience to explain to me that even with cancel for any reason, it is 75% of the cost back not 100%.  So appeciate your patience in answering all of our questions as well. 

Take care & talk soon

On 8/30/2021 at 11:12 PM, greatestvalue said:

@iamtrustworthy- Hi Steve 

Called today and spoke to Kim. As usual, you guys are great! 

She provided quotes for both of my upcoming trips.  We ended up quoting just medical/evacuation because I have the other coverages through a credit card.  So total costs was quoted at only $500.00 each trip.

I am still a bit confused on if I have pre-existing coverage or not (both of the first payments were made some time ago). Ive read the pre-existing article and then looked at the company the quote was for and it caused me to get confused...LOL 

Unfortunately even tho I cancelled the trip for next year with one agent, and booked with another. and I believe I have 2 different booking numbers, it was the same cruise so the 1st payment date still stood, is what Kim understood. 

I thought it would change due to the new agent but Kim indicated she confirmed it stood because it is the same cruise, dates etc .

My other question for Kim was how long do I have to book the insurance since it is only medical health & medical evacuation. 

I sent Kim an email (late in the day) asking for some help to better understand.  I'm sure she will respond tomorrow. 

Thank you for responding here, appreciate the attentiveness you and your team always provide.  

If it wasn't for you Steve, I would never have got the refund back on my cruise last year during the pandemic. 

Then you had the patience to explain to me that even with cancel for any reason, it is 75% of the cost back not 100%.  So appreciate your patience in answering all of our questions as well. 

Take care & talk soon

Hi greatestvalue,

Thank you for your kind words - we are happy to help. I don't know who you are by your "greatestvalue" id, so if you want, call me so I can know who you are.

Steve Dasseos