Drinks on ship

JFO23

I am a first time cruiser and have several questions concerning drinks on the Carnival Liberty. I understand you can purchase a drink card during the trip. How much does it cost and what drinks are included on card? Do you need to pay for bottled water or should you take some on board? Last of all, I am a beer drinker and would like to know the cost for a bottle or can of beer (Miller Lite). I could not find any information on the cost of drinks or if there are any specials they may run. Thanks for the help.

There is a soda card for soft drinks at the bars/lounges (not the cans from your room or room service), its about $45 for a week with tip.

Bottled water is also at a cost, so bring one or two of your own and then just refill as needed from the ship. The water is fine.

12 oz can about 3.50 to 4.00 with tip (reports of recent 25 cent price increases), 16 oz plastic bottle about a dollar more. Bucket o beer specials for 19.95 gets you 6 cans for the price of 5, I think. Can also get the bottles in a bucket for about the same discount.

Here is a link to a Liberty Bar Menu, from December.

http://community.webshots.com/album/521755807XYeiOA

I believe the adult soda cards are somewhere around $47 for unlimited soft drinks for a 7-night cruise, but less for children.

You can purchase 'drink' coupons (cocktails) for $19.95 for four coupons.

The Cokes, Sprites, etc. that are in the cabins are the 20-oz. bottles, and the last time I noticed, they were $2.50 each. (I take my own Cokes on board, so don't may much attention.) The huge bottle (32-oz.) of water is about $3.50. However, the ship's water is purified, so I take one bottle of water on board and refill with their tap water.

Don't know about the beer, sorry.

I am a first time cruiser and have several questions concerning drinks on the Carnival Liberty. I understand you can purchase a drink card during the trip. How much does it cost and what drinks are included on card? Do you need to pay for bottled water or should you take some on board? Last of all, I am a beer drinker and would like to know the cost for a bottle or can of beer (Miller Lite). I could not find any information on the cost of drinks or if there are any specials they may run. Thanks for the help.

When I was on the Triumph last november on a back to back the first week beer (LaBatts) cost around $4.50. The following week (starting December 3) it was around $5.25. Including the 15% of course.

I'm a little confused. On the bar listings above, iced tea is listed, but I was thinking I had read that iced tea and juices are available at no cost.

Can someone clear that up for me please?

Iced tea and some juices are available on the Lido deck and from room service for free, but there is a charge in the bars/lounges.

I'm a little confused. On the bar listings above, iced tea is listed, but I was thinking I had read that iced tea and juices are available at no cost.

They may be refering to "Long Island Iced Tea" which has alcohol in it.

Are the "FunShip" cocktails strong, middle of the road, or weak? That is, how much booze do they have in them?
The best ones I've gotten are directly from a bar or a server who takes the order. The ones they carry around on the tray tend to get watered down as the ice melts. Overall I'd say they are MOR, but if you have a favorite bartender who "takes care of you" they can be quite strong.

John

Hi....I'm a first time poster and a gonna be a first time cruzer on the Triumph, March 18th, Western Caribbean....my question is, can we buy an adult soda card and use it for BOTH of us. We're 2 women travelling together. We don't want a lot of soda but we plan to try to bring some rum on board in our checked luggage....not going to try to overdo it and get greedy about it, but we've heard that they don't always go thru' the checked luggage. We thought if we got ONE soda card for both of us, it wouldn't be a waste. We'd still buy the occasional liquor drink and likely have some wine with dinner so that we didn't become suspicious guests.

Big thing is....can we use ONE soda card between us or is it like an ALL YOU CAN EAT buffet where they watch who's gettin' the drinks??

Thanx....and any other useful tips anyone can offer to us newbies......WE ARE SOOOOOOOOO EXCITED WE CAN HARDLY STAND OURSELVES!! AND WE'RE CANADIANS TOO!!!!!!

There is a charge for anything you get at/from the bar. I can't imagine anybody paying for juice or iced tea at the bar...!

Otherwise, MsMom, you're correct. Iced tea, juices, coffee, decaf, etc., etc. are available on Lido Deck from dispensers at no charge. Also no charge in the dining room or from room service.:)

I think I want to add a question to the drink thread! A few years ago I had a blue Hawaiian at a bar. I loved it!!! I have asked for it a few other times and some places have no idea what it is. Does anyone know what it is, what it is made of, or if it maybe goes by another name? I really hope they have them on the Miracle! If not I will have to settle for old reliable: Pina Collada!!!

Blue Hawaiian? I have a recipe for Blue Hawaii. It may be similiar.

BLUE HAWAII

1 oz. light rum

2 oz. pineapple juice

1 oz. Blue Curacao liqueur

1 oz. Cream of Coconut

Put into blender and add 1 cup ice. Blend till smooth and creamy.

Pour into cocktail glass, garnish w/cherry & pineapple slice.

This is VERY good. A couple of these and you're good to go!:)

Isn't the "Funship" usually on sale the first day? If they are, what would you say the price is. I've never had one, but would like to try one... when they are on sale would be best.
They used to $6.25, then $4.95 for refills in the souvenir (plastic) glass. You can also get them for $4.95 in a "normal" size. There is a different "drink of the day" special all day (and night) each day, but the "Funship" is the special on the first day. The prices might have went up a little since our cruise last year. Here is the latest copy of the DRINK MENU that I have located.

John

Blue Hawaiian? I have a recipe for Blue Hawaii. It may be similiar.

BLUE HAWAII

1 oz. light rum

2 oz. pineapple juice

1 oz. Blue Curacao liqueur

1 oz. Cream of Coconut

Put into blender and add 1 cup ice. Blend till smooth and creamy.

Pour into cocktail glass, garnish w/cherry & pineapple slice.

This is VERY good. A couple of these and you're good to go!:)

Thank you! Maybe I could make a few before I go to get me in the cruising mode!!!

Do you think if I take this recipe with me and they don't have it on the menu they will make it??

Thanks. I thought we would start off our cruise with a Phoo-Phoo drink in the souvenir glass. Not big on them, but my kids love when we bring these souvenir glasses home. I really enjoy their MaiTai's.

I remember in 1987 when they were real glass. I probably have them in a box in the Garage. I understand the need for plastic.

Venture - Before Katrina I had one of those Carnival glass glasses from my very first cruise in '87. It held pencils/pens on my computer desk. Gone-gone now, but I kept it a lonnnnng time.

Since you're going to try a DOTD on your cruise, try the "Yellowbird"....very, very tasty!:)

We went to Disney world last year and I loved how they sold you the Disney cup and then you could refill it all week at no cost. I understand that the cruise ships make a lot of money on the drinks, but I loved that Disney cup deal! It was so convenient!

Was the Disney cup for cocktails...? Free cocktails all week...?:eek:

Yeap, keeping the kiddies liquored up is the only way for the parents to make it through the week!!!

It was for the fountain drinks. The cup was about $9.00. It had a lid and handle. I would love for the cruise ships to do something like that. Even if it was for $15 I would still get one!

On the subject of bar drink coupons, $19.50 for 4 drinks: can you get ANY drink with that? Ex. can you get a Fun Ship, which is over $6, or is it limited to certain drinks?

Does anyone know? From looking at the drink menu, if you're drinking Coors Light, it's not worth it, but if you get some more exotic drinks, then it is.

Archived