Sept UK Staycation - Aqua or Retreat for a Relaxing Break?

4 hours ago, hawkesbaynz said:

We are trying a Suite for the first time on our Staycation. Even a move up bid up to a Celebrity Suite! Hope it doesn’t spoil us. We usually sail Aqua and have x3 verandahs booked through to 2023. 

I do not think I will ever be able to book The Retreat package ever again at these prices in a revolutionised ship. Usually the prices are > twice the price. We could sail Regent or Crystal for that. We are trying Oceania next year and the price pretty similar! 

What galls me is the UK pricing. The US site has a fabulous 20% sail at the moment. Nothing on the UK site. Booked an ABC cruise in the Spring and the US price is significantly cheaper. May book on the Us site in the future. 

Have heard the 3 night cruise maybe going to Dover and Portland! 

I was just looking at the 20% US discount and at the thread running on the main Celebrity board. It seems like some people are making significant savings. We have two cruises in March and both are showing savings but we booked through an agent (a very dear friend) and she is on holiday at the moment. Booking in the US can offer a better deal and we have taken advantage of it many times but we have had our fingers burned due to currency depreciation. If we book on board (in normal times) I usually say that we have family in the US and spend half the year there (sometimes true) and ask if there are any better deals available for US passengers and then make a decision. We should have been on Constellation in November but decided not to make final payment due to the uncertainty of being able to enter the US. We booked a veterans day special offer on board which offered streaming wifi, $700 OBC, gratuities and premium drinks in a C1 for almost no extra but it was only available to US residents so it is best to weigh up any offers that may be available on board and then make a decision.