Upsell in to disabled AE??

fefe

Well, I called again, as all of you wonderful cruisers advised, and got an upsell in to AE penthouse, but its set up for disabled. Has anyone sailed in one of these?? It's 9172. I assume its a larger bathroom, but on the description of the suite, it doesn't say concierge/butler service?? Anyone have info? Now I'm even more excited!!!!!:D Sailing 3/5 Jewel!!

Are you given any embarkation preference?? Thanks!!!!!!

I believe Shoreguy could answer this question for you, if he weren't busy cruising...

If I remember correctly 9172 was originally a BA category (when shoreguy originally booked it, or the one above it on the 10th deck). By the time he cruised the category had been changed to an AE. Do a search on shoreguys blogs from the JEWEL and there should be more information for you. A few things I remember him writing were that he had problems with the drainage in the shower...since it was handicapped and didn't have a lip to keep the water in. I think he used a bunch of towels to soak up water on the bathroom floor. Also he mentioned that there wasn't a small love seat in the cabin, it had been removed so that there was more room for a wheel chair to maneuver around....so the cabin had limited seating.

I hope some of this helps....

Margaret

• 5 months later...

I see this very cabin is available for an upcoming cruise. And the desription does NOT include Butler/Concierge service. Does AE normally get this? And what is different in the AE.

With all due respect for disabled folks, those HIGH commodes do not work for some folks. (afraid I might fall off and become disabled)

On our last cruise, we also ended up in a HC accessable room. Although we were on the Dream, not the Jewell, we also had issues with the shower. There is not an edge/lip around the bottom of the shower. Think stall-less shower ie. you would step into the corner of the bathroom where the shower was and pull the shower curtain around to cover two sides of the shower. Because of the configuration, water would run all over the bathroom and even into the room. If your shower is the same, be sure to use the towels/bathmats to stop the water flow.

Well, I called again, as all of you wonderful cruisers advised, and got an upsell in to AE penthouse, but its set up for disabled. Has anyone sailed in one of these?? It's 9172. I assume its a larger bathroom, but on the description of the suite, it doesn't say concierge/butler service?? Anyone have info? Now I'm even more excited!!!!!:D Sailing 3/5 Jewel!!

Are you given any embarkation preference?? Thanks!!!!!!

Check out my Jewel blog and pictures. The links are below The cabin is great for those that need it and fine for those that end up in it last minute. The other AEs are nicer for AB cruisers. I was in 9672. It was a deal for me when it opened just prior to the Jewel transatlantic since I was in a port side BA and these cabins where still priced as BA. They did upgrade them and you get all the perks of a penthouse. The closet is much smaller then a regular AB. At the time I was onboard no cordless phone to carry with you, no coffee/espresso maker. and no table for in room dining.

Keep in mind when I was in the cabin it had just been converted to an AE. Not sure what changes have been made.

I wonder if the skyhook is still in the closet :)

The beds can be made up as a queen - these are the only 2 AE that offer twin beds for those that need or want them.

455224003_JewelTA9672a.JPG.29dabc7a4fb01781489512004f99968c.JPG

Archived