Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

18 minutes ago, Siobhan91193 said:

Just got my upgrade email for the Breakaway on the Dec. 19th yesterday! Went from regular balcony to a spa balcony for $150 pp bid (poor bid haha). I'm excited as I was hoping to just get it for cheaper than the Spa passes. I'll take the $100! (and probably still spend it on board). I had actually called ncl the day before to see what it would cost to upgrade to a Spa Club Balcony, but at the time it was a whole $5 below what we paid, so they would've made us pay a penalty of $387. I think normally they just don't let you do that regardless but it sounded like they were making an "exception" and offering it because the difference was so low. I declined at the time but then called back yesterday to say just do it, and by then that cabin price had dropped to $60 below our original payment and they said hard no on letting us do the upgrade with penalty then. So, all in all, I'm glad I got the bid, because what I wanted most was the thermal suite. =D

Why would you have had to pay a penalty if you upgraded yourself yesterday?

21 hours ago, brad0576 said:

We went from regular balcony to a Club Balcony Suite for $250 total on the same cruise.

Me too.  Same cruise.  Regular balcony to a Club Balcony Suite.  My total $70 twice= $140.

Lots of balconies but my first suite on NCL after over 45 cruises.  A little extra elbow room well be welcomed.✌️

12 hours ago, Siobhan91193 said:

Just got my upgrade email for the Breakaway on the Dec. 19th yesterday! Went from regular balcony to a spa balcony for $150 pp bid (poor bid haha). I'm excited as I was hoping to just get it for cheaper than the Spa passes. I'll take the $100! (and probably still spend it on board). I had actually called ncl the day before to see what it would cost to upgrade to a Spa Club Balcony, but at the time it was a whole $5 below what we paid, so they would've made us pay a penalty of $387. I think normally they just don't let you do that regardless but it sounded like they were making an "exception" and offering it because the difference was so low. I declined at the time but then called back yesterday to say just do it, and by then that cabin price had dropped to $60 below our original payment and they said hard no on letting us do the upgrade with penalty then. So, all in all, I'm glad I got the bid, because what I wanted most was the thermal suite. =D

There is no penalty.  you had two options and picked one.

19 hours ago, vacation44 said:

I cannot answer "why."  However, yesterday, when DH called our PCC to upgrade our balcony to an AFT BALCONY, she told us she had to get her supervisor to wave the "Post Final Due Date Penalty Fee."

(which is the first time, ever, we have been told that)!

19 hours ago, vacation44 said:

They explained it as because we were past final payment and because the cabin price we were trying to upgrade to was just below what we originally paid and the company views that as a "dilution of revenue", so we would've had to pay a penalty.

31 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

I cannot answer "why."  However, yesterday, when DH called our PCC to upgrade our balcony to an AFT BALCONY, she told us she had to get her supervisor to wave the "Post Final Due Date Penalty Fee."

(which is the first time, ever, we have been told that)!

Did you get it?! The supervisor wouldn't let the agent waive ours.

7 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

There is no penalty.  you had two options and picked one.

I'm not sure what you mean.  They called it a penalty on the phone when I was asking about upgrading. The upgrade I did get was won through bidding instead of directly calling.

1 hour ago, Siobhan91193 said:

Did you get it?! The supervisor wouldn't let the agent waive ours.

We did get the upgrade without being charged any extra fees.

We are Platinum Plus (with over 25 NCL cruises) so perhaps that was part of the approval decision.  Also, PCC stated that she has been very busy with many cruise cancellations! 

...added input:

I want to make clear that we were NOT upgraded via a BID.

We simply called our PCC to see if direct upgrade was available (more than a month prior to cruise date).

Edited by ggTexasGal
added input

I'm not sure what you mean.  They called it a penalty on the phone when I was asking about upgrading. The upgrade I did get was won through bidding instead of directly calling.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps I misunderstood your original post

Yesterday I paid the current difference in price to upgrade from a balcony to a family club balcony.  I lowered my upgrade advantage bids in the haven by that amount.  My problem is that upgrade advantage still show that I’m in a balcony.  Will they ever recognize it?  It seems I’ve lowered my chance of getting the haven.

3 hours ago, ronheg said:

Yesterday I paid the current difference in price to upgrade from a balcony to a family club balcony.  I lowered my upgrade advantage bids in the haven by that amount.  My problem is that upgrade advantage still show that I’m in a balcony.  Will they ever recognize it?  It seems I’ve lowered my chance of getting the haven.

When I upgraded myself to a penthouse my bids to upgrade to further Haven suites never changed to acknowledge it. In fact I could still bid to go back to a then mini-suite. 

NCL Joy 18th

Was in. The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse with Balcony (HG)

$4,600 Total with prepaid tips and upgraded premium plus beverages. (Yea it was a great deal for this room book long time ago)

Five days away from sailing and all my offers but one is Expired

My Offer for The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Balcony (HC) is Processing $300 * 2 = $600

No Room Number Yet

25 minutes ago, id10t said:

NCL Joy 18th

$4,600 Total with prepaid tips and upgraded premium plus beverages. (Yea it was a great deal for this room book long time ago)

My Offer for The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Balcony (HC) is Processing $300 * 2 = $600

No Room Number Yet

Mine for same sailing are still pending. Hoping for good news soon!

4 hours ago, id10t said:

NCL Joy 18th

No Room Number Yet

Thats funny, we just got your original room.  I think.  We had 2 club balconys and were upgraded to 2 forward facing penthouse balconies. (HG).  Our total for the  orginal cabins and our bids was $4k per cabin.  Not bad.  

• Like 1

On 12/9/2021 at 9:17 AM, tafawke said:

Sadly, I had lists that I was updating every day or so... so as of yesterday...

2 x Deluxe Owner's suite with Large Balcony

1 x Deluxe Owner's suite

12 x 2 Bedroom

0 x Haven Aft with Large Balcony

3 x Haven Aft

11 x Haven Courtyard

4 x Haven Forward Facing

5 x Haven Spa

4 x Haven Penthouse.

Total: 43

How do you find this information?

Thanks, YO

On 12/12/2021 at 6:40 AM, ronheg said:

How do you pay the current difference to upgrade?  Do you have to actually rebook the whole cruise?

28 minutes ago, wally4ever said:

How do you pay the current difference to upgrade?  Do you have to actually rebook the whole cruise?

No they just charged me for the bid price. In my case, $1600 per cabin.  Thats how i actually knew i got upgraded, my credit card alerts started going off...

39 minutes ago, wally4ever said:

If you are wanting to pay $$$ directly to NCL to "upgrade," you call you PCC, your TA, or NCL's direct line and request to be upgraded.  They will ask what you want, then check inventory, verify with you that is your choice, and then have to obtain a supervisor's approval.  You will either get your new stateroom at an agreed to price, or be told "NO" because you are restricted by your particular booking. 

If you want the UPGRADE BIDDING, that can be done online on the link previously posted, or if you have the prompt "Let's get you upgraded" when logged into your account.  Then you will need to wait (as patiently as you can) for the bidding process to be completed!

OR, you can do upgrade your room, and if qualified, also bid for a further upgrade.