Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

3 hours ago, cruiseblues2013 said:

It's been pretty quiet here the last couple days.  Anyone with upgrades for the next 2 weeks?  Waiting patiently for bids to be given.

Still waiting for our cruise that sails Dec 23. 

Some people in our Facebook group were sent an email about being outbid and given the option to up their bid. I didn’t get one of those emails so either I’m a sucker for paying more than needed or I’m about to be outbid by a bunch of people who were just tipped off that their bids were too low 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Hoping I find something out this weekend but not holding my breath. 

• Like 1

We are booked for encore on 12/26. Today,  I got 3 separate emails telling me that I was outbid and I could increase my bid with their live system. I went from an original bid of $750pp  on the haven aft large balcony to $1251pp, $750 on haven aft balcony to $955, and haven courtyard penthouse from $500 to $725. Their system keeps saying that I have been out bid. What do you think? How high do you need to go before you are not outbid? I have other bids that did not get an email stating that I was outbid. I’d love some insight…..

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, favoritevacation said:

We are booked for encore on 12/26. Today,  I got 3 separate emails telling me that I was outbid and I could increase my bid with their live system. I went from an original bid of $750pp  on the haven aft large balcony to $1251pp, $750 on haven aft balcony to $955, and haven courtyard penthouse from $500 to $725. Their system keeps saying that I have been out bid. What do you think? How high do you need to go before you are not outbid? I have other bids that did not get an email stating that I was outbid. I’d love some insight…..

This whole “live bidding” thing is new, from what I understand, so there may not be anyone who can give insight.  I would assume that “how high do you need to go” is going to depend on what others have bid for that same room category.  Best bet is just to bid what you are comfortable paying and not a dollar more and then if you “lose” you know you made the responsible choice.  

People are very likely to get caught up in this live bidding and bid more than they would have because of the competition aspect.  

• Like 1

Can anyone talk about winning a live bid? Just wondering if anyone was told they have been “out bid”, but then actually won! NCL wording does not say you lost the bid, it only says that you were outbid, increasing  your bid to would increase  your chances of winning! If there is more than one room available, I guess you could still win?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, favoritevacation said:

Shortly after I posted this morning I received the email stating I was out bid by 54 bidders.  I raised my bid to $1800.00 pp=$3600.00, it said I was still out bid by 52 bidders, so I cancelled.  Personally I rather not do the live bid.  My first bid was $1500.00 pp=$3000.00.  I am happy with the cabin we have, I have a couple of other bids in but I did not get the email to bid live, or I was out bid.  

• Like 1

Sounds like a money grab by NCL for these upgrade bids. Perhaps they're catching on to the folks who were getting lower rooms and bidding up in hopes of winning the big ticket. Now they're asking folks to pay what its really worth in their eyes and pitting everyone against each other. I mean the company did restructure all of its debt into 2027 so why don't you Haven-aspiring cruisers help them pay some of that off! Up those bids!! 😅

• Like 2

I'm leaving on the 22nd... I put in upgrade bids for all the haven spots for at least the "good" chance or better, and the cheapest haven cabins for the strongest chance... and the bid I won was the minimum, $100 bid I threw towards a Club Balcony room.  Oh well... at least they put me in a room with a bigger balcony, so that's nice.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, favoritevacation said:

Can anyone talk about winning a live bid? Just wondering if anyone was told they have been “out bid”, but then actually won! NCL wording does not say you lost the bid, it only says that you were outbid, increasing  your bid to would increase  your chances of winning! If there is more than one room available, I guess you could still win?

You do realize that the primary objective of any publicly traded company is to maximize revenue, right?

Christmas on the Encore - booked Spa Balcony - upgraded to Haven Penthouse with large balcony - poor bid (800) - notice received 4 days before sailing. 

At least two other people on my sailing got upgrades too.

Edited by Robin122
  • Like 8

Robin122, is that 800pp? Was that your original bid, or did they offer you the live bid? With the  live bidding, no matter  how high I went, they said I was outbid……it  really makes me wonder…… I doubled my original  minimum bid for the haven aft with large balcony, still a bargain from their asking price….We sail when you get back for New Years! Congrats on getting your upgrade! Have a great time! 

1 hour ago, favoritevacation said:

Robin122, is that 800pp? Was that your original bid, or did they offer you the live bid? With the  live bidding, no matter  how high I went, they said I was outbid……it  really makes me wonder…… I doubled my original  minimum bid for the haven aft with large balcony, still a bargain from their asking price….We sail when you get back for New Years! Congrats on getting your upgrade! Have a great time! 

800 pp (x2)

this was my original “poor” bid

i got an email telling me it was done and the new cabin was assigned.

7 hours ago, Dgoddess61 said:

Woo hoo, just checked my bid for 12/26 sailing on Breakaway and found our our bid is processing for Haven forward facing penthouse!!!!  I am thrilled as it is my 60th Birthday trip.

Congratulations and Happy Birthday!  Nothing better than having a birthday in the Haven!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dgoddess61 said:

Woo hoo, just checked my bid for 12/26 sailing on Breakaway and found our our bid is processing for Haven forward facing penthouse!!!!  I am thrilled as it is my 60th Birthday trip.

Please more info! I’m booked on the breakaway on January 23 in a regular balcony.  Trying to come up with a good bid.  With all the publicity the breakaway has been getting lately I’m hoping I don’t have to bid real high.  Really would like to experience the Haven one time if I can swing it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ddlb said:

Please more info! I’m booked on the breakaway on January 23 in a regular balcony.  Trying to come up with a good bid.  With all the publicity the breakaway has been getting lately I’m hoping I don’t have to bid real high.  Really would like to experience the Haven one time if I can swing it!

I went from Aft Balcony to Forward Facing Penthouse Haven.  I took a screenshot of notification and as you can see at the very bottom of image on right it shows other bid as "expired". 

013EC98A-ED08-4351-87C8-292394AF1868.heic

8 hours ago, Dgoddess61 said:

I went from Aft Balcony to Forward Facing Penthouse Haven.  I took a screenshot of notification and as you can see at the very bottom of image on right it shows other bid as "expired". 

013EC98A-ED08-4351-87C8-292394AF1868.heic 2.57 MB · 52 downloads

Thanks for the information I really appreciate it. Unfortunately I didn’t bid that high. I think I’m doomed. But I still have a balcony so I’m happy.

On 8/31/2021 at 1:09 PM, rad798 said:

With Jade, Encore, and Gem sailing and several more starting in September, just wondering who had upgrade bids ACCEPTED.

Would be great to know what cabin you had and type cabin your bid was accepted for? 

Not sure if people would want to put the amount but at least state if your offer was poor, fair, good, or strong.

On our cruise in June with Celebrity, they seemed to accept several of poor and fair bids.

I think they had a hard time selling those cruises though. 

Curious how this is going, on NCL.

Didn't see a recent thread on this. If there is one, can you please direct me there.

I bid absolute minimum, not caring if I got upgraded to the Club Suite and it was accepted. 

17 hours ago, ddlb said:

Thanks for the information I really appreciate it. Unfortunately I didn’t bid that high. I think I’m doomed. But I still have a balcony so I’m happy.

I generally bid at minimum, or just above minimum and have gotten two upgrades on two different cruises. My first was interior to balcony, minimum bid, so like $50 per person. This recent one the minimum was $700 to go to haven, I put it at 900, which was still lower than the regular price of the suite.

Edited by icedearth15324