Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

3 hours ago, magicsoccer said:

Just checking, after final payment they will allow you to upgrade a level of room?  I thought I had heard that they were only giving FCC for lower prices, but maybe upgrading the room would be different? 

Yes, as long as the price of the upgraded room is more than what you’ve already paid. Basically the only way they’ll do it after final payment is if they’re getting more money from you - even a little bit. 

I was in an inside, and was planning to place a bid for a balcony (minimum bid, or maybe $5 over min). I hadn’t gotten around to it yet, because my travel companion was out of the country at the time, and I wanted to double check with her. I kept monitoring prices, and they recently dropped to just slightly higher than what I paid, and less than the minimum bid amount. Called up my PCC and for $50, upgraded to a nice midship balcony, which also got me a second night of specialty dining.

• Like 3

I got the rejection email around 6 last night.  I'm not sure what the motivation is for keeping the bid as pending until the bitter end. I can't imagine that even if they get a full priced offer at the last minute they would kick someone out who already was awarded the upgrade  Maybe it's a ploy to make us bid higher next time,  LOL!  Can't wait to board today!  Spent the night at the Miami International Hotel at the airport.....AWFUL!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lgdesign said:

And the other good thing about upgrading directly (if the pricing is in your favor) rather than going through the bidding process is the ability to select your cabin.  The downside is that perks could possibly be affected.

I just did the direct upgrade and didn’t bid (paid at lower retail price, but more than bid price). We had 2 Spa Balcony cabins so I didn’t want to risk only one cabin getting upgraded, especially since we are taking my mom & my aunt on the cruise with us.  If it was just the two of us, I would definitely bid.  We are now in the Haven with one cabin between us. I’m happy to be finally be able to focus on packing for the cruise next month!  Good luck to you all with your bids!

• Like 4

On 3/3/2022 at 5:43 PM, mrshorsy said:

We have booked from the UK via a travel agent so didnt get the opportunity to be able to bid for an upgrade (unless I missed something) My agent spent yesterday and the day before on the phone trying to see if it was possible to upgrade from the 2bed family to the Haven 2 bed family. We told her our limit was around the £1000 mark.

She called back this morning and has managed to get us upgraded and they are refunding us £708 as the price is now cheaper than we originally paid!!!!!

Thats a great result. I am from the UK and get the upgrade email. I am assuming you are before final payment. Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisingGator96 said:

Is there a special number to call and inquire about a paid upgrade or do you just call the main number for NCL?

My TA had to call for me, but if you booked directly with NCL or using one of their PCCs, call the general number, navigate to "existing reservations" and then explain that you want to know how much they want to upgrade you to the cabin you would like.  The amount is likely to be the difference between their current advertised "sale" price and the price when you booked (before FCC or 10% discounts). 

If you do accept their offer, be sure to ask if your perks will be impacted (and how) and factor in any differences before you commit.  Have them e-mail you an amenity invoice while you're on the phone so you can confirm that what they told you about the perks is actually what happened in their system.  A lot of their people are new.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

it's over...hangs head

Unfortunately, we were not able to accept your offer to upgrade to The Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite with Large Balcony (H2) for your cruise below.

Aww sorry 😞 but I’m sure you’ll still have a great cruise!

• Like 2

i got the booby prize

Don't lose that vacation glow:

Vacation doesn't need to end onboard! Upgrade your home with a 15% discount on all NCL Home products.
Use code NCLST15. Offer valid on orders over $50 until end of the sailing month. Orders must be placed online through the following link to qualify. Shipping available within the United States only. www.nclhome.com

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lgdesign said:

My TA had to call for me, but if you booked directly with NCL or using one of their PCCs, call the general number, navigate to "existing reservations" and then explain that you want to know how much they want to upgrade you to the cabin you would like.  The amount is likely to be the difference between their current advertised "sale" price and the price when you booked (before FCC or 10% discounts). 

If you do accept their offer, be sure to ask if your perks will be impacted (and how) and factor in any differences before you commit.  Have them e-mail you an amenity invoice while you're on the phone so you can confirm that what they told you about the perks is actually what happened in their system.  A lot of their people are new.

My TA had to call to get my upgrade.  The first NCL rep told us that we couldn’t upgrade because airfare was included.  We hung up and called again and spoke to a more knowledgeable NCL rep.  She arranged our upgrades, ensured that our perks and purchased upgrade packages were listed and even added decorations & a birthday cake for my mom!  Definitely confirm your amenities with them before you pay for the upgrade.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ppcox said:

Thats a great result. I am from the UK and get the upgrade email. I am assuming you are before final payment. Enjoy your cruise.

No we paid in full about 8 weeks ago as that was the policy of the travel agent which is why they are having to refund us 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't believe it!  We're sailing March 27 - April 3 on the Bliss to Mexican Riviera and all Haven cabins are sold out!  We're booked in a club balcony and was hoping to upgrade to any haven suite. 😞

In any case, I'm sure we"ll have a great cruise 🙂

• Like 5

4 hours ago, mrshorsy said:

No we paid in full about 8 weeks ago as that was the policy of the travel agent which is why they are having to refund us 

Your travel agent has done really well. Enjoy your cruise

• Like 2

I called to inquire about a paid upgrade for my cruise on March 13 but was told since it's after final payment that I'd have to cancel and rebook.  I only just booked the cruise last week.  Oh well, I guess I'll wait to see if my bid is accepted. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mdcrim said:

I called to inquire about a paid upgrade for my cruise on March 13 but was told since it's after final payment that I'd have to cancel and rebook.  I only just booked the cruise last week.  Oh well, I guess I'll wait to see if my bid is accepted. 

Call again and ask a different person about it... a number of us on this thread have successfully done this with no penalties except for possible perk changes. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mdcrim said:

I upgraded my May cruise, after final payment, paid the additional amount and was all set. I think there was a perk change, but it was for the internet, which I do not use, so was not an issue. I agree with @lgdesign, definitely call back. 
Good luck and have a great cruise

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mdcrim said:

Definitely call and speak to someone else, not sure if you saw my post up the thread but we paid our final payment before Christmas and last week managed to up grade from a 2 bed family suite to the 2 bed in the Haven. 

We actually ended up with a refund of £700 as the price of the holiday had gone down since we initially paid. I went on to the NCL website and put in the details of our cruise as if I was booking and then it showed which cabins were still available and we were even able to pick which number we wanted 

Good luck 

• Like 3

Our cruise is 20 days out, I had 3 bids in, yesterday showed pending - today there is no sign of anything - no expiration, pending, denied, approved - and no emails.  Strange!

it's back - false alarm 🤔

Edited by Booboochase
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Booboochase said:

Our cruise is 20 days out, I had 3 bids in, yesterday showed pending - today there is no sign of anything - no expiration, pending, denied, approved - and no emails.  Strange!

Check your credit card statement see if you were charged. My card was charged for the upgrade before I received the email. Good luck!

• Like 1