Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

On 3/3/2022 at 5:36 PM, The Traveling Man said:

If your upgrade is to a Haven Spa Balcony you will have access to the spa.  If you are upgraded to any of the Haven rooms you will be able to visit the Haven Lounge and to enjoy meals and drinks in the Haven Restaurant and Bar.  You will not receive certain other perks, such as the additional Latitude points that you otherwise would earn if you had originally booked a Haven room.

On 3/3/2022 at 5:42 PM, Lionkingrichard said:

They can keep their 7 points! I saved around $5k on a 2 Bedroom!

• Haha 1

Whoa, is this new? IIRC, Studio bookings don’t get the opportunity to bid for an upgrade. I’ve never gotten the chance before. 

And yet I just received an Upgrade Advantage email for the April 30 Bliss sailing. Minimum bid is $100 pp (so $200 single occupancy) for an ocean view and $125 pp for balcony ($250). Considering that I can just pay $221 to move into a BB I’ll pass on Upgrade Advantage. 

Still, I wonder why Studios on this sailing are eligible for UA?

• Like 3

Just got upgraded today for our cruise leaving on Sunday! We were in a Balcony and got a Haven Courtyard Penthouse. I bid $20 over the minimum bid, it was rated as a poor bid. Surprised and excited to be trying out the Haven!

• Like 14

So I got a bid upgrade request but I'm now wondering something. Its $850 pp to upgrade to the owner suite. Not thinking I really need it but if we don't do anything is there a chance that we can get onboard an upgrade for cheaper if they didn't get any bids? Has that ever happened just curious?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, uncjenny83 said:

Just got upgraded today for our cruise leaving on Sunday! We were in a Balcony and got a Haven Courtyard Penthouse. I bid $20 over the minimum bid, it was rated as a poor bid. Surprised and excited to be trying out the Haven!

Congratulations! What ship? We're on the Bliss next Sunday and waiting to see if we get a upgrade.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, angere1 said:

Got upgraded from inside to club balcony today for the March 20th Gem cruise. Minimum bid. 

I thought you can only bid for ocean view or balcony if you are booked on inside? 🤔

• Like 1

I just got an upgrade offer for our July 4 cruise on the Jewel (Seward to Anchorage).  We are currently booked in an inside cabin.  Minimum upgrade offers were $50/pp for an ocean view, $100/pp for a balcony and $300/pp for a club balcony suite.

Put down the minimum for an upgrade to a balcony.  Have to wait and see!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, disneyochem said:

I just got an upgrade offer for our July 4 cruise on the Jewel (Seward to Anchorage).  We are currently booked in an inside cabin.  Minimum upgrade offers were $50/pp for an ocean view, $100/pp for a balcony and $300/pp for a club balcony suite.

Put down the minimum for an upgrade to a balcony.  Have to wait and see!

So maybe 3-4 months out people start seeing the ability to bid?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, angere1 said:

Got upgraded from inside to club balcony today for the March 20th Gem cruise. Minimum bid. 

Did you also bid for oceanview and normal balcony rooms? I'm debating removing my oceanview bid as I don't want that to harm my chances of getting a balcony.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 12:12 PM, jeffw67 said:

Congratulations! What ship? We're on the Bliss next Sunday and waiting to see if we get a upgrade.

We are on the Breakaway out of New Orleans. It seems like most people on our ship (that posted online) got their upgrades either Monday or Tuesday!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, uncjenny83 said:

We are on the Breakaway out of New Orleans. It seems like most people on our ship (that posted online) got their upgrades either Monday or Tuesday!

We were on the Breakaway last month, one of the best cruises we've ever had. Great weather, wonderful ship and crew and not alot of  people. All ports were enjoyed! Have fun!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smashedpumpkins said:

Did you also bid for oceanview and normal balcony rooms? I'm debating removing my oceanview bid as I don't want that to harm my chances of getting a balcony.

Yes we bid on both. Minimum bid

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, mearsfansinboise said:

We sail the Bliss on Sunday.  I haven't received any bid acceptance emails yet, so, I'm assuming we're not going to get one at this point ... right?

Did you check your bid status?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mearsfansinboise said:

We sail the Bliss on Sunday.  I haven't received any bid acceptance emails yet, so, I'm assuming we're not going to get one at this point ... right?

My bids for Sunday on the Bliss are still open....so still a chance