Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

10 hours ago, peg013 said:

Occasionally they do but only in one or two categories - not across the board. They send out an email telling you. It has the old minimum crossed out and then shows the new minimum to entice more bids. But it isn't common. 

I just looked at bidding for my upcoming cruise and the max bid increased by $20.... they also dont show you a map of balcony options anymore when going through the booking process, its just "guaranteed balcony"

On 9/16/2022 at 10:08 AM, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

You still have a great chance looking at inventory on a website I use that shows cabins including above 15 per category I see 77 currently available in the various ocean view categories, didn’t look at all of balconies as well but in the BA category alone their were 42 left, I would say they just haven’t done the upgrade process yet could even be next Monday or Tuesday before they do. Happy sailing.

How does one check on the inventory? New to NCL.

23 minutes ago, davencl said:

Yes, one cruise was about 4 weeks out.

may i ask if it was with a good offer or better or just minimum bid? the reason i am inquiring is because i have friends who tell me is not possible, that all bids good or bad are always approved or declined same week of the cruise.

Edited by spanishguy1970

11 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

may i ask if it was with a good offer or better or just minimum bid? the reason i am inquiring is because i have friends who tell me is not possible, that all bids good or bad are always approved same week of the cruise.

Not on NCL but MSC, which uses the same company.

10 days prior to the sailing my bid into Yacht club was accepted.

I was b2b so the next sailing it was accepted 4 days prior.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2022 at 6:02 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

I have never seen it.

My minimum bid went down for a specific cabin. On my last cruise I clicked the 2 bedroom family suite and did one step and realized the minimum was per person, so I canceled out of it before submitting the bid.  A few weeks later, the minimum bid for only that specific cabin went down (none of the others). Obviously somehow it knew I was interested. I ended up not winning, but thought it was interesting that was the only one that went down.

4 hours ago, spanishguy1970 said:

has anyone ever been notified about their upgrade, more than 2 weeks out before their cruise? just curious.

I’ve been watching this and the previous thread that was over 300 pages since 2018 and it was very few and almost always a haven to open up balconies etc on full ships.  They are in business to maximize profits so it if you follow the algorithm it does not normally make financial sense to do it early 

16 hours ago, spanishguy1970 said:

may i ask if it was with a good offer or better or just minimum bid? the reason i am inquiring is because i have friends who tell me is not possible, that all bids good or bad are always approved or declined same week of the cruise.

This was for a "good" offer.  In general I've seen bids getting filled around the 2 week timeframe. 

On 9/23/2022 at 5:00 PM, KXZ1498 said:

Anyone know if the price of the minimum bids go down as we get closer to the sailing date?

Thanks

It did on our upcoming November cruise.  We have bids on several different categories of Haven Suites.  We did not bid on the 2 bdrm suite or the forward facing suites because we have had those before and they were just 'eh and this week they dropped the minimum bid on those two categories....the 2 bdrm suite is nice...but almost NO balcony (so tiny)... and the forward facing suite, you cannot use your balcony while the ship is moving (I found that balcony to be pretty useless) and also, the front facing balcony, the wall is so high that you cannot see anything if you are sitting or lounging...you pretty much have to be standing at the rail for a view... 

Our sailing is 11/28... the bidding closes 10/16... so I am hoping they will let us know early!!  I really don't care if we get a Haven or not.... we've already got an extended balcony mini suite and I'm good with that....

13 hours ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

I’ve been watching this and the previous thread that was over 300 pages since 2018 and it was very few and almost always a haven to open up balconies etc on full ships.  They are in business to maximize profits so it if you follow the algorithm it does not normally make financial sense to do it early 

that wasn't my question, but thanks for your input. I know about the algorithm and what makes financial sense. My question was, has anyone experienced having an upgrade 2 weeks out and according to some answers some people have. Thanks again.

On 9/23/2022 at 5:00 PM, KXZ1498 said:

Anyone know if the price of the minimum bids go down as we get closer to the sailing date?

Thanks

I believe we're on the same sailing.  Just went in and a number of the categories had reduced bids.

2 hours ago, spanishguy1970 said:

that wasn't my question, but thanks for your input. I know about the algorithm and what makes financial sense. My question was, has anyone experienced having an upgrade 2 weeks out and according to some answers some people have. Thanks again.

I said some had to since I’ve been following the thread but very very few

3 hours ago, AnitaVacation said:

It did on our upcoming November cruise.  We have bids on several different categories of Haven Suites.  We did not bid on the 2 bdrm suite or the forward facing suites because we have had those before and they were just 'eh and this week they dropped the minimum bid on those two categories....the 2 bdrm suite is nice...but almost NO balcony (so tiny)... and the forward facing suite, you cannot use your balcony while the ship is moving (I found that balcony to be pretty useless) and also, the front facing balcony, the wall is so high that you cannot see anything if you are sitting or lounging...you pretty much have to be standing at the rail for a view... 

Our sailing is 11/28... the bidding closes 10/16... so I am hoping they will let us know early!!  I really don't care if we get a Haven or not.... we've already got an extended balcony mini suite and I'm good with that....

How do you know when the bidding closes? I didn't notice that on the site.

4 hours ago, AnitaVacation said:

I’ve never hard the bidding close like that how weird something new?  My sailing in two weeks is open and no one on roll call has gotten upgrades I’m expecting to see them like Tuesday to Friday before Sunday sailing 

1 hour ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

I’ve never hard the bidding close like that how weird something new?  My sailing in two weeks is open and no one on roll call has gotten upgrades I’m expecting to see them like Tuesday to Friday before Sunday sailing 

Might be that new pilot bid system. eBay style.

2 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Might be that new pilot bid system. eBay style.

That seems so early, six weeks, unless they are almost full it just seems weird but we shall see hoping to hear more from the poster who’s sailing is closing bidding six weeks before sailing on how it’s worded from upgrade advantage and then when do they award those winners 

22 minutes ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

That seems so early, six weeks, unless they are almost full it just seems weird but we shall see hoping to hear more from the poster who’s sailing is closing bidding six weeks before sailing on how it’s worded from upgrade advantage and then when do they award those winners 

There is another thread about it posted about two weeks back.

But your right, seems early and makes no financial sense.

29 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

There is another thread about it posted about two weeks back.

But your right, seems early and makes no financial sense.

If they are about to lower the minimum bids, it may make a lot of sense.  Accept all the bids at the higher minimum and then lower the range.  Lock in the cash that is already on the table.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

If they are about to lower the minimum bids, it may make a lot of sense.  Accept all the bids at the higher minimum and then lower the range.  Lock in the cash that is already on the table.

You are assuming that minimum is being bid.  I can assure you that max is also being bid.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

I need to recant my statement.... It did not say the bidding would close on 10/16, but the price drop/sale bidding would end on 10/16.... sorry about that!!

On a side note:  We have bids on several different Haven Suite categories.  Last time I checked that room inventory, there were ALOT of available suites (like 85%).... I just checked again today...and most of the Haven categories say SOLD OUT.... I find it very difficult to believe that they sold all those suites in the last week or two.... I wonder if they are holding them for bidders??  We still have 57 days to go and alot can happen between now and then.... maybe a bunch of people had to recently cancel sailings due to Ivan and rebooked with us??

1 hour ago, AnitaVacation said:

I need to recant my statement.... It did not say the bidding would close on 10/16, but the price drop/sale bidding would end on 10/16.... sorry about that!!

On a side note:  We have bids on several different Haven Suite categories.  Last time I checked that room inventory, there were ALOT of available suites (like 85%).... I just checked again today...and most of the Haven categories say SOLD OUT.... I find it very difficult to believe that they sold all those suites in the last week or two.... I wonder if they are holding them for bidders??  We still have 57 days to go and alot can happen between now and then.... maybe a bunch of people had to recently cancel sailings due to Ivan and rebooked with us??

Blocks can go to big volume TA to try and sell.  We get offers all the time from TA.

We are new to sailing with Norwegian. Is there a primer on bidding to upgrade out there? How does it work? Can you bid up to any category from any category?  Can you have multiple bids for different categories and see which one is accepted?  I will continue to look on CC to see if I can find answers to this as it is probably out there somewhere but any help would be appreciated.