Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

5 hours ago, Knicks1130 said:

Booked on the Joy to Bermuda in May... Currently in Family outside, what is the highest-level cabin we will be able to bid on?   Suites or Haven?  Do you have to be in Balcony or above to be eligible for the Haven?  TIA

We are in a balcony cabin for May 7th on Prima. We just got our offer for upgrading and it encluded ALL the cabins above ours. I was thinking about bidding for a Spa Balcony but I am not so sure I like the location on the 16th floor. The bid was up to $200 per person. I was going to bid $100. Not likely to get accepted but you never know. 

Anyone else notice bids are getting accepted a lot further in advance lately? My guess is they are seeing the bids at higher levels then say this time last year and are snatching them up before people change there minds about spending money 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BarnCat1 said:

My cruise is showing sold out in all categories when I do a mock booking, but I can still bid for an upgrade. Is this possible to do and still win?

I’m in the same spot, I can only bid on haven 2 bedroom and haven owners suite on joy, yet both are showing sold out. Thought about placing minimum bid for owners but don’t think I would have a chance 

36 minutes ago, BarnCat1 said:

My cruise is showing sold out in all categories when I do a mock booking

When I do a mock booking for our cruise on Feb 5th, shows balcony is sold out, so I am wondering if this means our bid will not be accepted, when I looked the other day there were quite a few balconies available on different decks 

19 minutes ago, macfam5 said:

When I do a mock booking for our cruise on Feb 5th, shows balcony is sold out, so I am wondering if this means our bid will not be accepted, when I looked the other day there were quite a few balconies available on different decks 

Those in balconies could also have upgrade bids in for say Club Suites or Haven.  If those are accepted those balc cabins would then become available so you never know.   

1 hour ago, jimsig said:

Those in balconies could also have upgrade bids in for say Club Suites or Haven.  If those are accepted those balc cabins would then become available so you never know.   

Oh right never thought of that. Thank you.

• Like 1

Anyone else notice that upgrades are being issued alot further out then it used to? My last 2 bids last year i got the upgrade email about 5 days out for Haven suites. Now they are a month out almost. Wonder why

I was going to bid on an upgrade from Balcony to Club balcony cabin, but when I went to look to see the price difference on the 2 cabins it was exactly the same difference as the lower starting bid so now I’m going to contact my travel agent and ask them if they can upgrade me for the same price. That way at least I can choose the cabin. 

• Like 3

On the Sky to Panama Canal departing 5 March and just got upgrade email Oceanview to Balcony... 27 days out. Ship was sold out in all categories except Inside last time I looked a couple of weeks ago. I did bid the maximum ($480 Canadian each) but it was still MUCH cheaper than booking a balcony at time of booking. Also using NCL Air - got decent flights and again MUCH cheaper than booking same flights direct (these were definitely best flights available from Ottawa to Miami and have bids in for Air Canada upgrades as well... )

• Like 4

Just received an email that "Your offer was not selected but you may still be selected by the onboard team up to 0 hours before sailing." 

Has anyone every got their bid after this type of email? 

Should we carry on our bags instead of checking them at the dock, just in case there is a last minute change?

3 hours ago, BarnCat1 said:

Just received an email that "Your offer was not selected but you may still be selected by the onboard team up to 0 hours before sailing." 

Should we carry on our bags instead of checking them at the dock, just in case there is a last minute change?

No you lost and if someone misses the ship or cancels last minute,you might.....be selected if your bid was next highest.

Yes someone posted it happened to them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BarnCat1 said:

When is your sail date?

On 1/19/2023 at 6:19 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

Yes but bidding has been crazy.

Last October on Encore our bidding went live 😮.

That was not cheap. 18 Haven's in 5 categories went for over $7500 a person. How do I know?  I bid that an I was eventually outbid. I did win a spa Haven at $4215 each. (21 night repo cruise)

How are you working out what the bids are currently at? 

18 minutes ago, Rubybadu said:

How are you working out what the bids are currently at? 

When you bid live (eBay style) you are told immediately if you are winning.  If you are not winning then you know that the bids are higher than your losing bid.

The only way to know is to bid till you are winning.

If you are winning and someone outbids you, you get an email telling you so.

Screenshot_20221011-130511.png

• Like 1

If my bid gets a “Good” rating per the color dial on the page where I enter my bid, about how likely is it to win?  Has anybody had a “Good” bid lose out recently?  It seems like quite a few people win with “Fair” or lower bids but maybe this year is a different case?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 3OfDiamonds said:

If my bid gets a “Good” rating per the color dial on the page where I enter my bid, about how likely is it to win?  Has anybody had a “Good” bid lose out recently?  It seems like quite a few people win with “Fair” or lower bids but maybe this year is a different case?

I’d also be VERY keen to hear. We’re currently bidding for a space in the Haven on a cruise that looks everything but sold out so plenty of Haven suites still available. Just wondering if I should put the highest but only on our preferred rooms or just on everything… Any recent experiences would be greatly appreciated!