"Platinum" Check-In on Sapphire

Bazel

Has anyone recently experienced Platinum check-in for the Sapphire in San Pedro. Does it make a big difference in wait time?

Also, our small group is 8 people and one of us has Platinum status - can the whole group use Platinum? 6 of the 8 will likely be on the same credit card for cabin charges if this makes a difference.

Thanks for the input,

BZ

Actually I'd like to know this about any platinum, if our friends are with us and we're platinum can they come with us into that line? We're all flying, staying in the same hotel room the night before etc, seems weird that we'll be separated to check in when everything else we do is together.

Platinum check in may be a non-event or it can be a time saver. Most of the check in's with Princess have been very fast where Platinum check did not make any difference. On our last cruise, out of FLL, there was a very long line and they came by and said "If your platinum come with us" That made a nice difference. I still think that the best part about Platinum is the free internet. Hope this helps

Platinum makes a big difference in San Pedro. Virtually no wait vs. a potential switchback line. I actually took a photo of it once (the first time I checked in Platinum.)

I always suggest clients arrive at the pier around 11:30 or noon, regardless of what the docs say, and the line isn't bad in either.

I reached Platinum before hubby and always took him in the line with me, but, of course, we're in the same cabin. I've never noticed "Platinum Police" though, and I'd bet if you're traveling together they'd let one Platinum person take their family or friends with them into the Platinum line to stay together.

I'm not 100% sure though, so hopefully others have actually tried this and can post also.

It made a big difference to me on the 2/4 sailing. There were small lines for the check in process, but when we went to board I was handed a number at the door and saw lots of people waiting. I showed them my Platinum status and was ushered to board immediately. I think it was around 12:30, but I'm not sure.

Have a great time!

- Mia

On our Oct/05 Sapphire cruise we were there early... we were not Platinum but the Platinum or higher members were ushered to a separate room to sit and wait for embarkation to commence. About 12 noon - 12:15 they announced boarding and started with Platinum members and those who needed assistance because of wheelchairs etc. then they started calling by the numbers handed out.

If you are there right at the beginning of the boarding process there will be a line but it goes very quickly.... we had friends who were Platinum and it took them no time at all to get through...

Emmy

Yup on the little folder with my tickets was PLATINUM you just "flash" that at the guy at the door and you're in like Flynn LOL :)

First time we got to do that and it was very cool since the line was out the door and around the building!

We checked in early (just before 11am), and there was nobody else in the checkin area. I didn't really pay attention to what the different counters said after I saw the one for non-US passengers, so I didn't notice the platinum/elite checkin area. I did see the separate holding area for them, and they were called a little bit ahead of when the rest of us started to get called. We were given boarding number 4, so we weren't too far behind anyway. I doubt they will let members of a group travelling with platinum/elite members to board early, whereas they likely would for cabin mates of that status member. So, if the whole group shows up early enough, the non-plats should be able to board shortly after the plats in that group.

We're on Sapphire now and rolled into the terminal about 1:30 last Saturday. Were on the ship in less than ten minutes. No advantage using platinum versus regular lines as there was a small crowd.

With a choice, I'd likely check in around this time again to avoid crowds and lineup. We found the buffet was just as good at that time as earlier in the day!!!!!

Archived