Haven cabins 9106 or 9706

barb65

Looking at Haven cabins 9106 or 9706 for either Escape, Bliss or Encore. They all look the same on the deck plans. Anyone stay in either of these cabins on any of the ships mentioned? Your thoughts? Thank you in advance for your input.

They are all basically the same. Deck 9 has a rather long walk to the elevators and the view looking forward (from the bedroom) is mostly of the bow of the ship. 

I recommend moving higher but not too high.   

For Escape, avoid deck 14 and 13106. Deck 14 is directly under the bridge and the balcony is partially enclosed. 13106 is wheelchair accessible and is one large room with a large bathroom (no separate living room). 

For Bliss and Encore, avoid deck 13 for the same reason as deck 14 on Escape. 

• Like 1

SCAN0210_zpsd177f5e7.jpg

The higher you go, the shorter the walk to the elevators for this Haven category. As you can see, deck 9 has the longest walk. This image is for BA/GA but for walking distances, it is the same as Joy/Bliss/Encore for the forward-facing suites outside of the complex. You can also see walking distances for the aft-facing suites. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only

I've stayed in 9706 on the Escape.  Overall, we were really happy with the cabin.  I don't have any pics of it and I'm sorry for that.

As other have said above, the distance is one of the farthest to the elevators but for my wife and I, that was not a problem for us as the extra steps were welcomed to offset the amount of food and libations we were taking part in daily.  The view isn't the greatest though and I would have wanted to be higher up than that.  There was some noise at times as well as I think there was a small social area for the crew on the bow of the ship when we sailed in 2017. 

• 7 months later...

While I realize this thread is old, we recently stayed on the NCL Bliss in 9706 and thought these pictures could be helpful to someone looking in the future.  

Overall this room was EXCELLENT!  Agree with the walk to the elevators, especially if you’re looking to go to The Haven bar or restaurant (about a 3 to 5 minutes to walk/take the elevator/etc.). We especially loved the size of the bathroom — felt like a true luxury onboard a cruise ship.  Some of the folks we met who were staying in the Haven courtyard commented on how tiny their bathroom seemed in comparison to ours.  We would stay in this exact room again in a heartbeat, but would opt for a higher floor if one was available. 

Speaking of tiny, the one downside to this room is the very small balcony.  For us, though, we took this to Alaska and for those times we wanted to see something, we were able with no issues.  We did, however, spend most of our time on the 19th floor observation area/hot tubs reserved for Haven guests.  It was a great treat when we were in Glacier Bay as they had setup salmon chowder, chicken consommé, and warm drinks for those out in the cold and rain taking in the amazing sites. 

One thing that someone said previously was that you couldn’t see the water from deck 9. As you can see the from the photos, you are able to see the water, but definitely not as good as you could if you were on a higher floor. 

Final note on the last image of the life raft and zodiac — they were out doing some training and drills while we were in port one day. 

D1EAECFD-B96B-408F-AD20-5C63C78A6163.jpeg

593096AF-6526-4C06-BF02-AE8C947DCC60.jpeg

E63157B0-0020-4C01-9210-99EE4884E5BA.jpeg

1C20198E-C616-4933-B2E2-217AF84C08A8.jpeg

F349B869-4060-4DA2-B401-95ABEB8BD3E9.jpeg

09AA66AF-B7F4-4808-9C12-2E99B5503830.jpeg

16974B0E-0449-4AA5-9177-DAAD576473EC.jpeg

0A85EB5E-853D-44D5-A97D-27B7B0AB80C5.jpeg

18C23799-7D9E-4337-8C21-C0B11C6C03BA.jpeg

• Like 1