Mandarin Oriental Miami

lknight27

Anyone stay here before/after a cruise? If so how did you like it? I believe it's very close to the port. We are booked here one night before our cruise aboard Freedom of the Seas in October and wanted to get feedback from someone who has stayed here on the likes/dislikes. While it is pricey :eek: , I figured for me I'd rather pay good money so I can spend a relaxing stressless day at an upscale hotel before the cruise. Last time we cruised out of Miami we stayed at the Sheraton Biscayne Bay (currently Marriott Biscyane Bay) which was nice, but we walked down to the Mandarin Oriental for dinner and drinks and fell in love and really liked what we saw.

:) Thanks!

Last time we cruised out of Miami we stayed at the Sheraton Biscayne Bay (currently Marriott Biscyane Bay) which was nice, but we walked down to the Mandarin Oriental for dinner and drinks and fell in love and really liked what we saw. :) Thanks!

The Sheraton Biscayne Bay is NOT the Marriott Biscayne Bay. Two entirely differant properties. The Sheraton Biscayne Bay was torn down last November to make way for condo's. http://www.nbc6.net/news/5373363/detail.html

The Mandarin Oriental is one of my favorites when I'm looking for a quick weekend getaway. Ultra luxurious with impeccable service. You'll love it. Be sure to grab a martini at the M Bar, the views are spectacular. ;)

Believe it or not this hotel is cheaper through the cruiseline than if I booked it directly though the hotel. Plus through the cruiseline it includes our transfers to the port. I am saving over $200 a night by booking it through the cruiseline. In the past I would never book a hotel through the cruisline because they appear to be more expensive, but believe it or not all the hotels listed through the cruiseline in miami so far is cheaper than going direct or an other travel engine.

lknight27, sounds like you got a good deal, good for you.

Yep I think I did. So my advice to all is to check the cruiseline prices as well for hotels because they may be cheaper than hotels.com, expedia or other travel engines. :D

Archived